Clevo 2020

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dakka3, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    lol, better to HAVE side vents than not to have them at all :D which we didnt, before ;) (im NOT talking about BGA models here, so dont bring those up :p)

also, it DOES have more heatpipes. as for the keyboard, i couldnt care less. for my usage the 15 inch keyboard is just fine :)

finally, the fan size on the right matches the current setup. so they actually enlarged the GPU fan. all steps into the right direction, whats not to like?

t456 likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Bruh, long and thin pipes ain't an advantage for cooling. Clevo's top dog P870TM had 6 pipes and two fans and two grills for the single graphics (And the Vapor chamber handled +400W). I know, only 4 pipes for the processor, but shorter pipes. A 17,3 inch chassis transformed into 15.6 size will have an huge disadvantage and I hate it. Of course its to early put final judgment but this doesn't bode well for high performance and proper overclocking. We will see when it will be released. But from my standpoint isn't this model what I hoped for. Too much of compromises for my likings. Sorry bruh, but I can't find so much positive with this coming model. I will eat my words if it perform equal good as the P870 in it's glory days, but I doubt it. We will see.

1610ftw, Dr. AMK and Arrrrbol like this.
  3. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I'm with @Papusan about heatsink. It doesn't seem to improve much. Current model only had one shared heat pipe, but new model seems to have more than two shared pipes. Which unnecessarily heat up gpu even when your only using cpu.

Also I really hope Clevo will design new model with air mesh type bottom panel like the below picture. Current models bottom panel with tiny cut outs not suck in enough air. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Arrrrbol and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Old P870 had air mesh type bottom panel. No need to find up the wheel one more time.
    [​IMG]

jc_denton and Arrrrbol like this.
  5. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The GT76 especially with its protruding "dat @$$" backside for the deeper fin stack.

I don't see a 4 pin barrel connector on it for power. Dodgy pics though, it could be hidden under text or shadow.

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ah i guess the disparity comes from my preference for 15 inch models, youre coming from the 17 inch corner, i get it :) would he curious to see if we will also have another vapor chamber option. if they increase cooling capacity for the heatpipe model, chances are theyll do the same for a potential VC model.

well the shared heatsink is something that depends heavily on the kind of workloads youre used to. there arent many workload scenarios that stress both gpu and cpu heavily (gaming included, thats nornally gpu heavy with cpu only mildly stressed), so thatll always give u extra headroom to use one of the two more heavily when the other is not in use.

i completely agree on the mesh type bottom though, improved airflow is definitely nice to have for the whole machine.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

7. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    that depends man. in theory it should be better because more copper etc but because now its 1 fan for 2 exhaust the air pressure is lessened, especially if you consider which way the fan spin and which exhaust gets least amount of air pressure.

though this is the first time in yrs that clevo got a larger cooling on the CPU side.. assuming the larger is on the cpu side. im guessing they realize 10 core 125w is just bs when 8 cores easily hit 200w under load.

if i do get the laptop, i can run 10 cores at 5ghz while underclock my GPU to p12 state LMAO

Arrrrbol and jaybee83 like this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    what do u think im doing for everyday operation when not gaming? exactly that! :D

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

Arrrrbol and ole!!! like this.
  9. Dakka3

Dakka3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Rear has 2 power connectors, similar rectangular type as GT76.

bennyg likes this.
  10. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not a fan of the shared heatpipes... Its definitely an upgrade on the P775, but I don't believe its necessarily an upgrade over the P870. Time will tell though I suppose.

ole!!! and Papusan like this.