Clevo 2020

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dakka3, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Options are dwindling so I'm not optimistic.

Like I said in the for sale forum, I finally (FINALLY :p) unhinged my wallet and picked up a HIDevolution P870TM1-G. After surveying what's out there and having maxed my P870DM-G (which I loved in various forms for over 3years), I realized there was nothing else out there for me and I love the P870 form factor. It excised the last vestiges of Alienware from my soul. I don't see a logical upgrade for me for at least a few years or more.

I don't mind thin and light. I do mind when the DTR market is marginalized and neutered as a result. :mad:

Mr. Fox, triturbo, joluke and 2 others like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They wanted to carry them around work and did not need more than 15w quad core, that's not being a sissy, that's being a consumer with specific needs.

dm477, skandal, tps3443 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    So, I guess to hell with anyone that wants or needs more that that, eh? Meanwhile, the few alternatives that are left are broken rubbish that is too thin, too light and just really sucks no matter how you slice it. Shame on those that expected more. The important thing is the cry-babies finally got what they wanted... thin and light low-powered junkbooks.

But, I still think they're sissy-boys, LOL. :vbwink: I'd be willing to bet most of them don't actually have specific needs. They just don't know any better. Their friends on Facebook like it, so it must be good.

Wouldn't matter that much if there were still ample good alternatives left. The problem is that there are not. Rubbish is the defacto standard across the industry now.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Generally you will find they need a light machine that will run office tasks, updates and antivirus on a domain and keep snappy. It needs to be light, with a good display, keyboard and build with maybe the odd legacy port depending on the clients they deal with. It needs to look professional in a presentation.

That's what typical business people need and drives a lot of the market. You can tweak that for students and home use but most of it is the same.

You can either fight and wail over the inevitable or you can adapt, exploit niches and keep up.

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Just calling the balls and strikes as I seem them. I probably won't adapt, but there's a decent chance that I may abandon. I've sort of already done that, but one of my personal faults is holding onto for hope for the possibility of a favorable outcome far longer than I should. If I were smarter I would bolt at the first sign of stupidity gaining traction. There's really nothing to keep up with because the bar is set so low. It's getting to be pretty tough to keep a positive outlook when the options are disgusting. The trends that are popularly marketed as progress are actually regressions.

I'd really like to divert all of my passion for respectable hardware that no longer has a worthy outlet into helping Linux replace Windoze. I haven't burned many calories on that because my gut tells me that it will ultimately prove to be a waste of time. I don't really think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening because the masses don't want to learn anything new. They'd rather just put up with whatever garbage is handed to them because doing otherwise requires too much thought and effort.

6. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    I think once you've had a real DTR, be it a P870TM1 or a like, you've been spoiled. Nothing can compare to it, and you end up measuring other stuff against it.
    [​IMG]

tps3443, cope123abc, jaybee83 and 4 others like this.
  7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A P870 or even a P775 I'd say

jc_denton and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The replacement needs to be more intuitive and user friendly, not less.

9. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    Is anyone going to be at CES? Clevo should be there with some new stuff.

10. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Agree big time bro !!