Clean Vista install WITH NO ACTIVATION

Discussion in 'HP' started by orev, Apr 29, 2007.

?

Did this work for you?

1. Yes

455 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    17.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtLarge

AtLarge Notebook Geek

Reputations:

1) That's why you want to delete and extend. So you gain back the 10gb of space that was set aside for the restore disks data. Once you create the disks it's useless information. Unless, you have a specific reason for wanting to keep that available for some other use? I know some people like to use the virtual drive to back up to. Problem is once your up and running with all your favorite software it takes more that that amount of space to back up. :eek:

3) I actually had static in my audio before I dumped and reloaded. Unfortunately, I also did a RAM replacement about the same time (different manufacturer than before) so I'm not really sure which to attribute it to. She rocks hard now! ;)

I'm very pleased with my machine now. Even after I added Office 2007 I feel zero noticible performance change.

2. Fant

Fant Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My new dv6500t came with a program called HP Update that supposedly automatically checks once a week with HP to make sure all my drivers are up to date. I believe this is supposed to check the BIOS as well. Anyone know what specific drivers this is checking? Is it really checking all? If so, it seems it would be easy enough to just install HP Update after doing a clean install and let it update all the drivers for you (assuming network/wifi drivers are already installed).

3. orev

orev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Cool. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

4. rvsumera

rvsumera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my laptop came with windows mce 2005, but it was eligible for vista upgrade so i ordered one from hp.. i installed fresh copy of vista in my laptop for several time using the cd key that came with the cd, the one u stick on the bottom of ur laptop. and when i finish installing vista i just activate it, i had no problems at all. it will always activate. in my count, i think i had formatted nd installed windows vista for about 6 times already..

5. orev

orev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you have a license for them, then you should be able to use it.

6. anjunab!tch

anjunab!tch Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got one more question please, my dv8372ea laptop is dead now, because it was running windows vista (trial version), but I'm not gonna back to XP, the question is, Can I use the Recovery System Disks from HP Pavilion DV9207us Laptop for my system (Pavilion dv8372ea)????? Comparing the two configurations of two systems above, they are almost the same.

thank you very much

7. Greg

Greg Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Guys, NBR will not tolerate posting methods to pirate a copy of software. I just had to delete several posts that explicitly mentioned how to get more than what you paid for. If it happens again, we hand out infractions and lock this thread.

8. orev

orev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I didn't realize it had gone in that direction. Sorry about that. I updated the main guide to be more explicit.

9. orev

orev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No you cannot. Your Vista expired because you have no license, and as such you are not entitled to install it. If you want to install Vista on that laptop, you need to buy it. END OF STORY.

10. karprive

karprive Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    orev and AtLarge,

Thank you for your responses. I plan on doing a clean install this weekend. Hopefully, everything works out. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.