Clean a laptop screen?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by xKronicL, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encrypted11

Encrypted11 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Isopropyl alcohol is also rubbing alcohol or simply alcohols used on the swabs surgeons/doctors use for surgical stuffs for disinfection or during medical examinations... well, why would it even be rubbing alcohol if its that harmful?

:rolleyes: Just some of my thoughts.

2. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Only if you spray the actual screen with the Windex... supposed to spray the paper towel and then wipe the screen.

It streaks bad, in my experience. That's why I like alcohol or ammonia based cleaners, since they evaporate quickly and are 95% of the time... streak free.

I know some people think that you need to clean you screen with a finely woven piece of elvish cloth dampened by unicorn tears, but the actual outer layer of the LCD panel is more resilient than you would think. Windex on a paper towel will do fine, as will rubbing alcohol on a paper towel... or really just whatever you feel comfortable using. Just know that it's really not quite that fragile and delicate.

3. tomascerny1

tomascerny1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks for advise .)

4. SSDdrivei7

SSDdrivei7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, :rolleyes: I would argue against using alcohol. I worked on aircraft for many years and we would use bubble polish for both plexi and glass surfaces. And if that ran low, then Regular Pledge would work. :thumbsup: So I started using Pledge Furniture Polish with cotton rags years ago. It helps the screen repel dust while also keeping it squeaky clean, and it will also remove micro abrasions from the screen.

5. ian84

ian84 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    eyeglasses cleaning cloth + H2O (aqueous) :D

6. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Pledge on an LCD. A new one for me. I would normally say no to oil based furniture cleaner.

7. Encrypted11

Encrypted11 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, definitely hate the streaks or even remaining grease or dirt that just don't go off with water.

Same reason on how quickly it evaporates, that's why i personally use alcohol.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.