Chrome's stupid new rounded look - You mean it's pretty? Or you mean it's Ugly?

Discussion in 'Chrome OS and Software' started by Papusan, Sep 9, 2018.

?

You like the Chrome's stupid new rounded look?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    another thing I love about the fr00gl3 echosystem is like all my bookmarks are instantly synced with my phone and so are the passwords. I don't wanna complicate my life.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yeah, Chrome does that as well. Bookmarks, passwords, browsing history, maps... literally everything seamless syncs and just works across every platform with zero hassles or manual steps on anything. Once I sign in, then *BOOM* it's done. In a matter of seconds.

Even though I think the new UI blows, that feature set is extremely compelling and I won't switch unless I can find something else with the identical features that doesn't require two days worth of labor to migrate manually. That's actually more of a pain in the ass than doing a clean OS install of Windows, LOL.

What is the difference between Froogle and Google? I've never bothered checking.

I'll say it once more: I hate Google. But, I'm not into the extra effort all of the alternatives require... just not worth the hassle for something that should be brainless and effortless to use. Chrome is the only thing that delivers effortless use that I have found. But, yeah... Google sucks. I despise everything they stand for as a corporate entity from a philosophical standpoint as well. Their socioeconomic, core values and political world views also suck. (I will stop with that to not break any forum rules about political and religious discussion, LOL.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Papusan and Ultra Male like this.
  3. Ultra Male

Reputations:
    oh it's just a word I remember back in the day. You know, to add to our list of companies that suck. nGreedia, Micr0$h4ft, etc.

Google Shopping, formerly Google Product Search, Google Products and Froogle, is a Google service invented by Craig Nevill-Manning which allows users to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors. Wikipedia
    FME6ZIE6N6EZ0R6Q9V.gif

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    LOL... OK, bro. You got me on that one, ha ha! :biglaugh: I thought maybe it was a browser I had not seen yet.

Edit: Now that you mention it, I do remember that. (Referring to your spoiler.) Now that's definitely a blast from the past.

Ultra Male likes this.
  5. Ultra Male

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    OK, curiosity always makes me look at what people are talking about. The possibility of having something better is always compelling. With all the right intentions and appropriate passion, Brother @Ashtrix reeled me like a fish chasing a shiny lure, LOL. +5 Rep for that, bro.

I watched this video and don't care for how it looks. I would have a difficult time adjusting to it on that basis alone. I has some pretty compelling features, for sure. I am probably part of the problem rather than part of the solution, just like turdbook lovers that spend money on garbage. But, I don't think I am going to pursue it. If Chrome had a skin/theme that made it look like that I would not use it. When it comes to an OS and a software UI of any kind, aesthetics are almost as important as features and functionality to me. I know beauty is in the eye of the behold, and that is just not beautiful to me. It reminds me of Windows 10 too much and that is not a good thing since I do not like much about Windows 10. Although I do not use it because of its overall inferiority, I still like how IE looks better than any of them (after the stupid smiley and Edge icons are removed with WinAero Tweaker).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Ashtrix likes this.
  7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well depending on the purpose of the interface it can work for a lot of demographics. But I think in your case you have more the mindset of a developer and for developers, tightly packed interfaces tend to work better.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Problem solved.
    upload_2019-2-10_15-12-12.png

Ultra Male and Papusan like this.
  9. Ultra Male

Reputations:
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY