Chrome's stupid new rounded look - You mean it's pretty? Or you mean it's Ugly?

Discussion in 'Chrome OS and Software' started by Papusan, Sep 9, 2018.

?

You like the Chrome's stupid new rounded look?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Never used it sorry, But LassPass is a cross platform cloud alternative which is neat. Or people use KeePass vault which can be managed by you only and locally instead of Cloud PLUS open source and has apps for Android too and extensions. I think it is a superior option but a little bit of time and learning curve..

Also forgot to add, this hover to zoom extension works with videos too, very neat for zooming images instead of clicking them every time.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That is what ultimately lead to me staying with Chrome. Those third-party add-ons are terribly inconvenient in comparison, and they do not (or did not used to) integrate seamlessly into the browser and work without user intervention of some sort. And, neither they nor Firefox could import that information from Chrome because it is encrypted (thank goodness). I have like 12+ years of usernames and passwords saved, and there are literally hundreds of them.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Ashtrix likes this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    1) Install Last Pass in your Chrome Browser
    2) Clear your c00k!3$ [​IMG]
    3) visit every bookmark/site you have so that when Chrome logs j00 in automatically using your saved credentials, LastPass will prompt you to add that password to your LastPass [​IMG]
    4) Once you have done all this, install Firefox or whatever browser you want and upon the first startup, choose to import your bookmarks from Chrome when it prompts j00
    5) Install LastPass in your new browser and login with your LastPass credentials [​IMG]
    6) Mission Complete [​IMG]

Optional: Create a Firefox account to have all your bookmarks synced along with your add-ons

Ashtrix likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I guess I will have to reserve a weekend to waste do that. It will take a super long time because there are so many (572 stored user names and passwords). So, the last time I used LastPass is was not seamless. Will it work exactly the same as Chrome's native password manager, with no extra steps, actions, prompts or mouse clicks to populate my user names and passwords? And, I do not have to do anything manually to manage or save them to avoid accidental data loss?

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    It's very simply, once Chrome logs you in to a site with the saved credentials, you will get a popup on the top right from LastPass saying that it detected a site bla bla bla, simply click the Add button and you're done. Next site.... get some popcorn bro to help ease the process... [​IMG]

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, definitely want automatic cloud storage for this. It is one of the few things (actually the only thing) I want automatically done in the cloud without any manual steps on my part. So, I use Chrome on my work iPhone and personal Android phones. Will it work seamlessly across all three platforms?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    OK, well I guess the first step is to try Quantum again and see if I can tolerate it before I go to all of that work for no reason. If it looks and acts the same as Chrome it will be fine. If it looks and acts like the Firefox I tried last time, it won't be fine, LOL. It was a major turn-off when I tried to move away from Chrome a year or so back.

Ashtrix likes this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    On smartphones, nothing beats Chrome. Period. Just try finding a bookmark using Firefox on a smartphone and you'll be like... [​IMG]

that's why I stick to Fr00gl3 for life! the seamless integration! [​IMG]

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    ok lemme be honest with you. Don't waste your time. you will come back running to Chrome eventually despite the crappy new UI.

1) Firefox is full of bloat, you'd have to do at least 10 tweaks in the about:config to get it usable and a lot of UI customizations. Heck, even getting the bookmarks icon on the top right is a feat by itself.

2) I open a lot of tabs at once as part of my daily routine to check for software/driver updates. In Chrome I've never had an issue but if I load all the tabs at once in Firefox, the browser crashes. This has been this way since God knows when and they didn't fix it the last time I checked with Firefox v60. Yes I was using the 64-Bit version of Firefox and you know I have 64GB of RAM so there you have it.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    OK, now maybe I won't bother. LOL. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    So, it's pretty much the same as when I switched to Chrome 12+ years ago. Thanks for saving me the hassle.

Yeah, I hate Google. Who doesn't? I'd love to not have Google anything. But, I have, as you say, come running back to Chrome more than once because I hate the alternatives so much more. As they say, "Life sucks, and then you're dead."

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.