Chrome's stupid new rounded look - You mean it's pretty? Or you mean it's Ugly?

Discussion in 'Chrome OS and Software' started by Papusan, Sep 9, 2018.

?

You like the Chrome's stupid new rounded look?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Chrome's stupid new rounded look. If you want... Please post your vote in the poll or/and post your honest oppinion about the change in the thread if you want. Thanks:)

If you Hate it... How to guide below.

How get rid of Chrome's stupid new rounded look

By Betanews.com | 3 days ago
    [​IMG]
    The celebrate the 10 anniversary of Chrome, Google pushed out version 69 of the browser complete with a new look. Many people find change hard to accept, and for some Chrome users, the rounded look that Google has introduced feels like a step back in time.

If you prefer the way Chrome used to look, you'll be pleased to hear that you're not going to be forced to stick with the redesign. There's a hidden setting that you can tweak to get things back to how they used to be.

See also:

As this is a hidden option, there's no point looking in the main Settings section of Chrome as you'll just draw a blank. Instead, you will need to tinker with the chrome://flags page -- something we've looked at before as a way of making some major changes to Chrome.

Here's what you need to do to get things looking the way they used to:

1. Type chrome://flags in the omnibar and press Enter.
    2. Use the search bar to find the UI Layout for the browser's top chrome setting.
    3. From the drop-down menu, select Normal.
    4. Restart Chrome.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I voted 'Yes' that I like it, but more accurately I don't mind one way or the other, I think it's what you get used to, and it's still just as usable - I figured a 'Yes' vote would be fairer & closer to the truth than a 'No' vote. This new Chrome build seems a little snappier in general web browsing, so I think they've tweaked page load times, etc, so all-in-all a good change to Chrome. It's useful though that you've shown how you can revert to the previous look of Chrome though, but how long we'd be able to do this I do not know - I'm thinking that eventually they will remove that option.

Mastermind5200, Arrrrbol and Papusan like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I had not seen it yet, but I do not allow Chrome updates (same as Windows, LOL) and that is probably why. But, I appreciate this post because the next time I do a clean OS install I will get the new version and will need to know how to correct it.

I also always prefer that aesthetics remain unchanged indefinitely, unless or until I decide I want a change, rather that have someone make that decision for me. I voted "no" in the poll. Checking out the link to see what the chatter is about, I do think it looks really stupid, like some piece of garbage released by crApple. It also kind of reminds me of Firefox and I do not care for Firefox.

It also sucks that Chrome will natively support the Windoze Nag-o-Rama (notifications of any kind really piss me off).

slimmolG, Arrrrbol and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    I have to say the same as in the comments in one of the links above... it's just a sea of white. Awful. Almost as washed out colors. I like white colors on my keyboard but this is Disgusting!

Edit... “Get used to” I don’t know.

Arrrrbol and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is there more white than the previous version of Chrome? I didn't notice!

Arrrrbol, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Unless they removed the ability to change colors you can probably tweak away the white. But, I don't like the look of the rounded edges either. I never liked that about Firefox.

Arrrrbol and Papusan like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I haven’t updated Chrome for a awhile. I enabled Chrome updates in Autoruns and became seasick:D Maybe a taste of white “washed out color” equal Norwegian winter:eek: See... rain and snow.

Robbo99999, Arrrrbol and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It has become very popular to abuse and overuse white and blue and try to make things resemble the ugly Windoze X UI for some goofy reason. But, it is not popular with me. I like white and blue, and other colors. But, overdo anything and it starts getting ugly and annoying. I also hate the bloated spread-out look that is popular, with everything hogging up extra screen space with ludicrous amount of wasted blank areas instead of condensed. Seems like we now have to scroll through two or three pages of web content to see what used to easily fit on one page. That really sucks, too.

Aroc, Papusan and Arrrrbol like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I don't use Chrome instead use Firefox.
    I saw Mobile like UI for google search on desktop/mobile FF.

Aroc likes this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Then why bother posting?

Anyway, I don't think the new Chrome looks that bad, but it's good to know there's a fallback for those who don't.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.