Choosing between 3 'creator' laptops

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by aelvozo, Dec 4, 2019.

?

Which one?

1. Dell XPS

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. MSI Prestige

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Gigabyte Aero

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aelvozo

aelvozo Newbie

Reputations:
    I’m looking for something that’s powerful enough for 2D graphics, CAD, and occasionally gaming; with a decent battery life; and not particularly heavy.

The laptops I’ve narrowed my choice down to are Dell XPS (9th gen i7, GTX 1650, 11h battery life), MSI Prestige (10th gen i7, GTX 1650 MaxQ, 16h battery life) and Gigabyte Aero (9th gen i7, RTX 2060, 8h battery life). All the other specs are pretty much the same, e.g. FHD 15 inch IPS matte screen, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. All laptops are in the €1600-1800 range (computeruniverse).

I originally wanted to go for the XPS but now I’m having doubts. Which of the three would you suggest?

Thanks in advance, I guess.

2. polomarco123

polomarco123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Go with Dell XPS , it will be a great option for gaming.Colour are perfectly aligned.Only con in the laptop it will get heated even with in 15minutes of normal things like playing video in youtube and watching movies.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Go with the xps, but get the 2 in 1 if your going graphics, you can physically draw on the screen and create awesome stuff then. Plus, the maglev keyboard is slick as well.

4. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I had 7th gen XPS 15 and just switched to 9th gen Aero 17. Worst computer decision ever. Dell is not perfect, but GB Control Center is awful. Can't do much on battery because of throttling, can't stand working plugged in due to CPU whine. Quiet mode (only way to avoid fan noise when non needed) throttles CPU severely. So you have to switch fan mode manually when you want to do something requiring power. Awful, awful software design. And so far, they have not fixed anything - despite acknowledging issues.

Aero is a completely different animal from XPS. Despite all the thin and light hype, it is a gaming chassis - not ultrabook.