-> check out my new turbo <-

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by miro_gt, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ^ engine from a Mack truck, lol

I'm not too much into domestics .. they are kinda old school (i.e. low technology). And those handle like crap. But hey displacement makes lots of torque, lol. If I had one of those, I would convert to fuel injection and 4 valve heads ASAP. Then turbo that sucka and fly into space, lol. (nahh, still too heavy)

I'm having hard time deciding on manifold, cause I want a cast one, but I think I made my mind today - I'm gonna run the best of all top mount cast manifold that SPA turbo makes. Little expensive but sht's good :D Let me look for a picture

2. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Yup, Cadillac 500 cid, from a '75 Fleetwood.

4. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    Looking nice, are you going to ceramic coat the exhaust manifold and tubes?
    I hear that insulating the exhaust us good for keeping the heat energy for turbocharging. An intercooler is needed as usual, but it is supposed to make it more efficient. I am not sure how true it is. It sure looks nice though.

500cubic inches. That hearse keeps getting more and more awesome. You so need to video that thing :D

500cid isnt a mack engine. Technically a Mack engine is a rebranded Scania.

For those who think I am getting ideas, no worries no turbocharger can replace my EBM Papst's in my cooling deck :p

I would like to get a turbocharger for my future engine, but I do not have that yet. As of this week, my largest engine went from 525hp to my 25hp Kohler Command. Off to the scrap yards tomorrow to check prices. I have tons to go. Making room for that Jeep :D

K-TRON

5. dmacfour

dmacfour Are you aware...

Reputations:
    What kind of Jeep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.