-> check out my new turbo <-

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by miro_gt, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    If you run down the tires there will be less weight to :rolleyes:

2. foosa123

foosa123 adsfjldsajflkajsdfa

Reputations:
    that made me lol haha

3. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah I had to lift the hood at the back to let heat out because it was eating my paint on top front of the hood. Now it's fine. Other options were to complete replace the hood - expensive; to cut holes - would look rice; to take the hood out - nahh, lol; to put heat shield - that would just move the heat elsewhere in the engine bay; or to modify the fenders instead - too much work.

@houstoned: not only your ignorant comments does not show knowledge base behind, but also your assumption of stuff makes you look silly.

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    lol, please don't be a ricer xD

5. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Because buying something that is already complete is far less satisfying than building something awesome by yourself. That goes along the same lines of why didn't I just buy a new hearse with a fuel injected engine, and pay somebody to rebuild my transmission (and put it in)....

Because that isn't nearly as satisfying. I'd rather build my own engine, make my own fuel rails myself, make the EFI computer, wire it, etc, then build the transmission the way I want it (and know it was done right), because it now becomes my car. Most people don't understand, but my car is now a part of me.

Same goes for installing turbos on something that didn't come with them stock. It's way more fun to do it that way.

Speaking of which, as soon as I have the funds/time, I plan on making a twin turbo setup on the hearse. I'm going to have to weld up my own exhaust manifolds, and all the piping myself. There is no kit, but I want it to happen, so it will.

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    lol. i have many many years of experience and cars over u.

point out to where anything i have said was false or bs. u'r on a budget. i understand, but there's no reason to take the quick/cheap route when u are goin FI. like i said...good luck.

7. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Tippey764's brother is right.

When it comes to cars and turbos, I disagree. Adding a turbo to a N/A engine later will never be as good as upgrading a turbo on a factory turbo engine. It will give you more problems than fun.

8. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    A ride or a race would be fun after you Git'R Dun. I wonder how the hearse would do against some good diesel power. ;) I just got some water/meth injection going on so I'm pushing more power now. And wow its alot of power, really fun.

9. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    u should change yur name to 'black cloud of death'. :p

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yes, it has been sooting more since I put the water/meth on. Sorry to highjack the thread, but at least the cummins has a turbo on it. :D Oh, and the title has been changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.