Changing The ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VS-Db71 to a 15.6" 120hz panel.

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by NTsoulS, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Roddydesu

Roddydesu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try installing some older versions of the driver from the GL502VS support site. Make sure you DDU before you do so. I also tried using an INF before but it didn't work for me. You can try it your way and see if it works. I'll upload my modded EDID tomorrow

2. Roddydesu

Roddydesu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here are some EDIDs for you guys to test out. LG Original is the EDID of the stock panel on the GL502VS-DB71, the AUO EDID is the stock panel on the GL502VS-DS71, and the Mod EDID is an EDID I made basically by mixing the info of the stock DB71 panel with the technical stuff (clocks) of the DS71 panel. I think the Mod EDID might work if the BIOS doesn't read the entire EDID. You can try INFs by putting these EDIDs into MonInfo(Monitor Asset Manager), booting into Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and installing it. Remember that G-Sync activation is based on the combo of three things in order to work, the motherboard, the GPU and the display, and if any one of them is off, G-Sync won't work. Good luck :vbthumbsup:

Attached Files:

Reptilianboy likes this.
  3. Heyguy123

Heyguy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    I need help getting 120hz to work Lol everyones trying to get gsync to work while im here trying to get 120hz XD