CF-P2 (British Gas Version)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by AC1DFLAM3, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC1DFLAM3

AC1DFLAM3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How straight forward would it be to get a SDIO WiFi card working with the OS?

Is it a case of installing the correct drivers or do they pre-load from the SDIO itself?

2. lxsys

lxsys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    From what I'm aware of, SDIO cards don't have any memory on them.
    If the WiFi card uses the Pegas drivers/chipset then it *should* be plug and play.
    If it uses another chipset it will be worth investigating driver support on Windows Mobile, try looking for the driver cabs for it.

3. G7EXZ

G7EXZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I'm new here and I also have just got hold of a CF-P2 CF-P2T1H027E but I can't access Wi-Fi? It is not one of the crippled Tom Tom ones but I notice zzr1200 has the same model version with Wi-Fi?? Could someone have loaded the wrong firmware? Wireless Power only shows the Phone & Bluetooth.
    Any advise?
    Cheers
    Steve

4. lxsys

Reputations:
    I'm guessing that's your radio callsign... thanks for reminding me that I should join a club and get started.
    Anyways, to check for presence of the wifi card/module, go to
    Start>Programs>File Explorer

Navigate to My Device/Windows and look for PegasSTA.exe, it is 29.0K not the 28Bytes one. (The 28Bytes one is an icon file)
    Tap it, and it will attempt to talk to the wifi card. If it's got wifi it should run without showing "Unable to find wireless Netcard. Is it inserted?".

5. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
  6. G7EXZ

G7EXZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks lxsys I tried that and got the error message. I've contacted the ebay seller I bought it off to see if he has a box of them and I was unlucky! He did sell it as having 802.11b though.

Yes that's my radio callsign I like rugged radios too, I have an ex-army Clansman UK/RT320 HF Manpack Set, it goes well with my CF-18!
    Steve

7. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    SilverTrooper,

SDIO SDHC will most likely not work OOB. It would be worth investigating what the chipset is for the sd slot, as there are many HTC phones that have hacked drivers to support sdhc on unsupported hardware. It should be possible to enable sdhc support IF you can find another 03se device with the same chipset. It might disable the IO portion though.

This
    led me to this example and this example.

I can't help my propensity to xdev's. It's what I know, sorry :D

Something I will be investigating (more) once we get our units in from the UK...

8. lxsys

Reputations:
    Apologies for public humiliation, but don't you mean AC1DFLAM3? And can you even get SDHC SDIO? Isn't that just two standards borked together? :)

Might be worth checking with Panasonic about that then, they might be able to decode the model numbers.
    www.toughbook.eu

Actually, this card isn't an SDIO WiFi. Do not buy!
    I've looked down this route before, and so have many other Windows Mobile users, until they saw it's little brick wall trying to hit them in the face.
    It's a cute little card that *has* WiFi, and an embeded processor. Now this card when in range of a wifi router automatically uploads all photos to the specified PC (eg 192.168.1.123) via WiFi router, but the WiFi functionality is only available for use by the onboard embedded processor for the explicit purpose of uploading photos.

It's a nice idea, but it's not going to give you WiFi and 2GB of storage on a P2. Sorry.

9. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    OK; what about this one: SanDisk 256MB + Wi-Fi SD I/O Wireless LAN Card ?

10. lxsys

Reputations:
    Now THAT is a find and a half. I hope it works in the P2, I'm going to do a little research on the chipset.
    Shame I'm going to have to buy one from the USA, because customs will sting me something rotten, but wow...
    Just out of interest how long did that take you to find?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.