CF-P2 (British Gas Version)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by AC1DFLAM3, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lxsys

lxsys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's Windows Mobile so it should be stupidly easy to customise stuff on it once you've found where its hidden.
    I swear when I added a few custom home screen DLLS they had to be put under /Windows/Micro$oft/Dont/WantYouTo/Find/folders/DLLSHERE/notreallylol/dlls/

2. andy2001

andy2001 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i just ordered one of these, didn't know they made a tough phone ! but i hope to have one soon,and its nice being able to get one from the uk, got my m34 mk6 from the usa as they where silly money here (uk customs still intercepted it and made sure they got there cut out of the deal though ! ) best laptop i've ever had.

3. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    No, that's where they keep the apps that ACTUALLY WORK... LOL

mnem
    Here/NotHere.

4. Old Git

Old Git Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On the subject of applications, I presume you guys have seen this - SPB Pocket Plus - makes the CF-P2 look quite snazzy

http://toughbook.wikispaces.com/CF-P2

Don't know if the Wiki post is by one of the forum members, but it is also useful because it has a link to the file to restore your phone to the unised Windows Mobile 2003SE condition

5. Old Git

Reputations:
    "unised" - mmm a new word - apparently the use of the perfectly correct English word unb****rdised" meaning debased or corrupted isn't allowed - thats a bit of a bustard!:D

6. lxsys

lxsys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's by me, after giving advice about the CF-P2 I thought I'd put it onto the wiki, as a kind of central repository for CF-P2 knowledge.

7. Old Git

Reputations:
    I guessed it must be by one of the "brains" here :)

8. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Pocketnav - task manager like app that I couldn't live without on wm2003/se
    xda phone skin chooser (if I hve to explain that, you don't deserve one of these devices)
    phm regedit
    OOh, also, look into IIWPO on xda-developers.com. It's anti theft software. when someone (a thief) changes the user info, or swaps the sim out for any but yours, it will text the current user name, address, sim's phone number, and other info to any mobile number of your choosing...
    I never did like spb - to resource hungry

Also, check out wiki.xda-developers.com. I had a wallaby aka "tmobile pocket pc 2002" that I did all sorts of naughty stuff too. Custom cooked roms, developement tools, and a host of personal reviews of different software, etc.... great site. guess my username over there :D
    They also have ported wm5&6 to devices that should only have 03/03se.
    They have also figured out that you can run android on top of wmobile (load it on an sd card, wm goes to boot, sees the new boot image on the sd card, and loads that instead!!!!!)(that doesn't touch the rom on the phone, so if you don't like it, pop out the sd, soft reset, and you are back to stock wmX)

If anyone anywhere could port android or some other wmobile, it would be them. the real problem with porting over another OS is driver support. Getting a linux kernal to load isn't nearly as difficult as getting all the appropriate drivers, and setting them correctly.

Now, I love my Tough Stuff, and I want one of these, no doubt. That being said, why would someone want one of these limited, underpowered, and slow gprs connecting devices, when I have an HD2, 1ghz, 1gb ram, with 3g?
    It's a legit question, not meant to be demeaning in any way!

9. Old Git

Reputations:
    Why does any junkie want his next fix? :D

Actually, a guy at work asked a similar question about my CF-29 - the fact that his dogsbollox Sony has twice malfunctioned because of the dust here made it a rhetorical question as far as I was concerned, but then we all know that. But I just said to him that my ambition was to have a complete collection lined up on a shelf as examples of appropriate technology design masterpieces. So far I have a CF-25, CF-27, CF-M34, CF-29 and the CF-P2. Unfortunately, financial constraints mean that I have to wait for them to become old technology before I can afford them. But when I win the lottery................

10. zzr1200

zzr1200 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well that sums it up perfectly.......

I manage to kill phones at work, a good one will last 9 months if I'm lucky, one lasted 3 days...:eek: .

My personal phones never seem to last the contract out, scratched and battered, mostly through being dropped.

I hate close/small keypad buttoned phones but theres not many proper work type phones about apart from the Sonium/Land Rover/JCB clones.

Saying that I'm looking at a HTC Desire as a new personal mobile for posh. and the CF-P2 as a personal work phone, just because its tough.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.