CF-P2 (British Gas Version)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by AC1DFLAM3, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    DUDE! I use Total commander EVERY day at work! This is great to see for smartphones!

2. AC1DFLAM3

AC1DFLAM3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good to hear, I have real fetish for Total Commander lately hehe

3. zzr1200

zzr1200 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've tried all combinations of those setting, plus others I will end up phoning Victim Support over the weekend.

Hopefully someone who understands more than the standard computer on screen instructions will be on the phone.......:rolleyes:

4. Mil3

Mil3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Attached Files:

5. Mil3

Mil3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GSM Tool to test GSM signal

6. lxsys

lxsys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My recommended additions are;
    SPB Pocket plus(commercial) for minimise and widgety icon thingys on the home screen, plus numerous other enhancements, including tabbed browing in pocket IE
    FdcSoft's task manager it's a task manages, BUT it does registry editing, DLL reg/unreg too! Plus some more that I cba to recall. Seriously check it out, I keep it on all my WinCE/WM devices.
    PocketGNUBoy, for when you feel like a bit of Pokemon Yellow out somewhere too dangerous for your pristine Gameboy color :p
    Memory Map(commercial) if you're a GPSing/Mapping person like me.
    PocketPutty for SSH'ing into a sever whilst hiking up a mountain that may appear.

7. AC1DFLAM3

Reputations:
    Thanks for apps, i've downloaded them all. The only remaining question I have is that when I remove an app, the shortcut remains. Any ideas on why this happens? thanks

8. lxsys

Reputations:
    If you're talking about the shortcut in the recently used programs thing under the start menu, that will disappear after a while of not being used.
    If you're talking about the shortcuts in the Programs folder, my guess would be that the installer put it down, forgot about it and therefore didn't tell the uninstaller that is was there.
    To get rid of old shortcuts in the Programs Folder, open File Explorer, go to "/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/", hold down the stylus on the old shortcut and select delete. It should now be gone from the Programs Folder on the start menu.
    You can also the Start Menu/Programs/ folder to add shortcuts to programs provided in a .exe which don't have a CAB to install them neatly.

9. lxsys

Reputations:
    Took me over two hours to explain to Victim Support that my phone would NOT be on their database. Three calls later, and an angry rant at the supervisor got me somehow redirected to the sales number, and luckily they transferred me to the next department, the ones who actually help you rather than asking you to take the battery out, stand on your head with the phone, then ask you to take the SIM out every night and put it under your pillow in the hope that the GSM fairy comes along and licks it.

Just tell 'em that your phone is unusual and mention something about GPRS modules for a scientific/research project and ask for the settings to be manually programmed into the device. You'll most likely just need the APN, and User+Password, but whilst you're there it might be worth asking about Proxy settings, DNS settings and IP settings. I also asked them for the MMS settings just to stay on the phone longer (CF-P2 can't do mms, right?) as they gave me a freephone number, and I did have to call them three times on my mobile which they stole 12P every time.

The settings for Orange PAYG GPRS as follows:
    Code:
    APN= orangeinternet
    user= blank
    pass= blank

That's it. You should now be able to use orange on your CF-P2

10. AC1DFLAM3

Reputations:
    Thanks so much! I was trying to find that directory as simple and obvious as it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.