CF-P2 (British Gas Version)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by AC1DFLAM3, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lxsys

lxsys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If it is the switch, Power + Reset + Rec, Pull battery cover of quick. Screen should flash something about reading binfs and the SD thingy. The device should then sit and wait with a blank screen and no backlight (cpu is awake). Put battery cover back on, and the boot should continue.
    Hope that may give further insight into the issue.

2. ares93

ares93 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmm, whats the price on these things? in good condition and a good battery.

Cause i've been through three, nearly four, nokia 1616's at work. maybe its time to invest in something, shall we say, more durable than wet crisps.

3. lxsys

Reputations:
    I purchased mine last year for £35 in "Toughbook Good" condition. Few light scratches and dings, but other than that its fine. Its on the CF-P2 page on the toughbook wikispace if you're after pics.
    They've gone up a bit since and would set you back around £45 excluding shipping.
    There's always one going for £19 too, but you'll have to enquire about shipping if you're not in the UK.

4. ares93

ares93 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Ta, mate. My girlfriend is in Birmingham for a few more days anyway. Hopefully she's in shopping mode, (when is she not? ;) )

5. interestingfellow

interestingfellow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @lxsys:
    I just did that, and it did just as you said. i guess the switch is good.
    wth is going on with my unit then? have you heard of other units that have this issue?

6. lxsys

Reputations:
    I've seen units fail to boot when components on its I2C bus failed to initialize and didn't want to play nice. A good(ish) indication would be check the keyboard leds, are they behaving normally, same with the status led.
    This was an issue with dirty ribbon contacts, so it might be possible that if you had touched the ribbon contacts with your fingers, as the CF-P2 lay in the draw, the small bits of acidic finger stuff on the contacts gradually led to a poor connection. A bit of careful cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol should help if it is a connections issue.

7. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    This is a little update on what is going on at NBR. There is a contest and the Toughbook forum is in second and we need your vote so please log on and vote for us.
    Laptop Forums and Notebook Computer Discussion - Announcements in Forum : Panasonic

Click below to vote...it's that easy
    You must be a registered member of NotebookReview to vote, so click here to do so!

8. Mil3

Mil3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a quick update.
    Spectec (SDW-821) SDIO WLAN-11b/g.
    It wont work with our CF-P2, I tried 5 kinds of drivers, It wont recognized the card when push it in to the SD slot.

Will try another one soon.

9. wallydog

wallydog Newbie

Reputations:
    people!
    I used a cfp2 whilst I worked @ british gas, I can awnser a few questions!
    wifi was never available on this unit, it just used vodaphone gprs, maybe it said 3g if there was a 3g signal, I cannot recall that bit.

we used to have loads of the data transfer leads and threw them away regular,, along with the headpiece sets!.

I still have the original B.GAS issued P2 instruction booklet/operator manual and FAQ'S , if this is of any use to anyone, reply and I will scan and up,load.
    I have a P2 and unused car kit, im just fitting it in my 4x4 and wondered after readin all 24 pages of this thread, as technology has moved on has anyone solved the wifi capability yet?

10. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Please scan the manuals and upload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.