CF-H1 - Win 7 but no Panasonic software.

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by minstermineman, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
  2. minstermineman

minstermineman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Shawn, I think that must be written for people who have the faintest idea of what it all means and how to do it though !

So is that basically telling me - I have to figure out what drivers this machine needs, download them, and some automated process will install them in the correct order, if I can figure out how to apply that process.

I'm not afraid to give it a go if its just a case of copying and pasting that script thing somewhere - but that explanation is as clear as mud to anyone not routinely altering registries or writing software for Microsoft, I wouldnt even know how to start with all of that on there.

Off to study it a bit more see if i can make sense of it.

3. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    nooooo ...
    i/we don't think you are up to no good ...
    you are right about the rules ... we cannot knowingly help someone circumvent the passworded bios issue .

if you used paypal or ebay to purchase the machine and it was not mentioned in the auction ad that the bios was locked ... then you have legal recourse to have any and all monies including shipping refunded .

lugging around a scanner and a couple of other items is a pita ... stuff also gets broken or lost .
    your *out* as far as the company is concerned is that you did not know the bios was locked as it was (hopefully) not mentioned .
    sooo ... it is really not your fault ... you bought the machine in good faith with the implied understanding (most everyone else mentions a locked bios if there is one) that you could modify it as it was presented .

Shawn likes this.
  4. Shawn

Reputations:
    Download the one file I linked.
    Click and run that file.(preferably right click..Run as Administrator)
    It will install ALL of the drivers and programs in the proper order.
    Watch the VIDEO I linked. It says to open NOTEPAD and click one of 2 buttons to operate scanner.

That is about as easy as it gets, other than sending it to someone and paying them to do it.
    I found the file and gave you a direct link. What else is there other than download and run it?

5. Shawn

Reputations:
  6. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you are looking for individual drivers, the top 3 drivers are Barcode and further down are RFID drivers, and further down are Panasonic Dashboard, and Panasonic Camera utility.

Shawn likes this.
  7. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I have one of these (H1) and, to my knowledge, you can load all the drivers correctly and still not know if your camera and scanner are working... Here's why. The Toughbook is waiting for you to load your camera and/or scanner software. You might be able to access basic camera functions and record a small movie clip... But that is about it...

8. minstermineman

minstermineman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys - sorry - been away from home working for 4 days with no internet. I got the BIOS password from the vendor - so took a look to see whats in there - not much - but there was a setting for something which gave me the option of hardware or software controlled which has enabled the barcode reader when I switched it to hardware controlled.

So - the button on the handle now works - I get light from the reader, - next hurdle is finding some software that will see the reader when its operating and actually use it, I found lots of barcode software that seems to use pictures taken by a camera, but I dont think this is what I need.

Do the Panasonic recovery discs dotted about contain software or are they just drivers and stuff?

9. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I would go back to Shawn's post and install the drivers he posted.

UNCNDL1 and Shawn like this.
  10. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A USB barcode scanner just acts as a keyboard device, so might try just opening notepad and scanning a barcode to see what it sends to notepad.

Shawn likes this.