CF-C2 Mouse Stopped

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by jrbauerjr, Aug 2, 2020.

1. kschewe

kschewe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    did you factory restore the laptop?
    I took mine a part today. I upgraded the ram. The inside slot requires basically total disassembly lol. I never checked if the touchpad came off but it would probably be easier just to replace the top cover if the touchpad is damaged. There are tons of these machines now in recycling and parts like the top cover touch pad should be easy to get.
    still worth fixing or use a wireless mouse, bluetooth.

2. jrbauerjr

jrbauerjr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I finally got the original Win 10 on the machine to boot up again.... The solution was to do a manual restore from the command prompt activating the windows directory as well as renaming system and software files..

the process is outlined in: https://superuser.com/questions/861...tection-from-the-command-prompt/961160#961160

Now, back to the mouse... I have the donor CF-C2 machine that my son cracked the screen on (he still hasn't destroyed his old CF-30 MK1) I'll try to figure out how to replace the entire pad and buttons by taking apart the donor, otherwise I'm going to pack up the machine and send it to Bob Johnson in Wilmington (my wife's preferred option)...

3. jrbauerjr

jrbauerjr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Talked to Bob Johnson today... Need to take the machine apart to get to the plug for the mouse buttons... They have a flat rate of $125 plus parts.... Wife made the final decision...... Send it....... Since it's her machine, I know better than to argue.....

4. kschewe

kschewe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For only 125 probably a good choice for your wife's laptop. I have heard good things about the business. let me know how it turns out in the end.

UNCNDL1 likes this.