CF-53 sierra wireless MC7355 & Verizon issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Bitz_n_Stuff, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Bitz_n_Stuff

Bitz_n_Stuff Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have a CF-53 ( mk3) with a Sierra wireless airprime MC7355 modem paired with a Verizon 4G LTE SIM( large Vodaphone type) . It can all setup and working when we bought it from a vendor. The laptop was working fine until I was informed that it will not connect to "Verizon Wireless" It shows "verizon wireless" as mobile connection in available network connections . However, if you try and connect to it, it just times out after about a minute " connection failed". I Noticed that Sierra Aircard Watcher was installed in this laptop but the program was corrupt and was missing? However, VZW manager was supposed being used as the connection manager ? So reinstalled VZW manager, and does not detect the device (modem or sim card) . I checked device manager for any hardware changes, and I did not find any nor was anything disabled. So not knowing that the person did to this pc. I restored the laptop to factory, using the built in recovery from Panasonic:Win 7 x32 using factory partition restore , and still cannot get the mobile Verizon connection to work.Now I am banging my head against the wall what's going on, it should not be this hard.. I am I right?

Here is what I have done so far:
    1. verified the SIM is active with Verizon
    2. used the built in diagnostic utility in BIOS and everything PASSED
    3. Factory restored laptop using built in recovery from panasonic
    4. created a admin profile after install
    5. rebooted
      1. verizon wireless connection still not present after reboot
    6. I ran the driver that pre installed in the c drive util>drivers>wwan_0f >SWIQMIGobi5kSetup (ran as admin)
    7. rebooted-verizon wireless connection still not present after reboot
    8. installed Installed VZW Manger VZM_7.2.1_2420b - rebooted
    9. verizon wireless connection still not present after reboot
    10. connected up via LAN and ensured all driver were up to date

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Welcome to the Panasonic Toughbook forum.

I wish I could help you but that is one thing I have never used on any of my Toughbooks but the guys on this forum are great when it comes to problem solving and you should get some help within a day or so.

3. I58SR

I58SR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi

I would check the wireless wan id under the "Optional kit configuration" in the bios? I an not sure of the correct setting for Verizon it may be 4 or 04

(Mod has approved to post before) optional kit configuration password is toughkit

Nick

Bitz_n_Stuff, Shawn and toughasnails like this.
  4. Bitz_n_Stuff

Bitz_n_Stuff Newbie

Reputations:

thanks for the help. I tried both of what you suggested....still does not work. all the whitepages on finding for this issue do not have the same sierra wireless card as I do....hmmmm I am starting to wonder. However I downloaded sierra aircard watcher doesn't work either but see the sim and can detect phone# and device info off the sim....

5. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Most of the time, a restore does not install all of the wwan software.
    Make sure it is all installed.

What is the full model number of the CF 53?
    Pretty sure I have an extra Verizon wwan card here..... PM me

Bitz_n_Stuff and UNCNDL1 like this.
  6. Bitz_n_Stuff

Bitz_n_Stuff Newbie

Reputations:
    software looks to be there.. i think i going to try and find a usb modem that i can put the sim card into and try it that way. anyone have luck doing this? model cf-53sjczalm.. so I have tried multiple wan id and keep getting "mobile broadband connection failed error code 51".. hmmm, i might be onto something..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 9:49 PM