CF-51 CPU upgrading

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by rusty503, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Panasonic only list a MK3 or MK3LL . It's the same as mine CF-51RC4KFBM ? The picture of the bios I took on post #44 was from the parts 51 I have. I put the T7200 in this one I use and it has the finger print reader in it and the bios/embedded controller is V3.50 L12 . Check out the pic. If it's the same one you have a MK3LL . I bought my from "Buybest15"

Attached Files:

2. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    got mine from same guy, same numbers, mine was real dusty inside so I blew it out and cleaned it up a bit has over 8000 hours on it. When I get my hands on a T7200 I'll try in on the other cf-51 and see if it works on the Q model which was a federal with the core duo 2.0 ghz cpu but was V3.00 bios, thanks for all the info and I don't mind trying the cpus in these laptops to see if they work...............Driller

3. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    I also have the Q model(2.0Ghz CPU) that I haven't touch when I leaved for vacation and right now I installed Win 7 but for some reason I can't make the aero interface to work while on the bios it has 256 video Ram. It has an ATI video card on it. It is also a federal unit on which I installed the pcie wireless card, luckily the two antena is there and works 100%.

ohlip

4. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Who ever did it thank you for renaming this :D . Should be easier for others to find

5. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes

It needed a new name as we really went off track this time:eek:
    I left the original first 2 pages in the original thread

Alex

6. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Another info that I want to share to those with CF51 dual core is: I have an extra new battery for cf-30 that I bought a few months ago and notice that it can use on cf-29. I take out the little plastic tab(knob) on it to fit on CF-29 but to my discovery it won't work on it. Initially it charge for a few second and then suddenly it turn red and flashing. You may say its dead but not its brand new battery. Then I've tried it to CF-51 dual core and it works like a champ..I have now cf-51 with new battery that last more than 5hrs. FYI.

ohlip

7. Driller

Reputations:
    hi guys,I wasn't sure if the cpu T7500 was working so I got up enough nerve to plug it into the gutway laptop that has been my mainstay for 3 years now. the C2D T5250 SLA9S 1.50/2M/667. swapped the T7500 in and it's working like a champ so far, we'll see, was amazingly simple swap and the fan and heatpipe in the gutway was impressive to me, but again,with FAN, not at all like the TB's. So this rules out the T7500 as being defective. It also was 800FSB as opposed to the 667 FSB which tells me that isn't an issue at least in the gutway. the socket is the 478 one on the gutway, what difference should this make? do we need a cpu for the TB that is an issue here, don't know, any you sages know what I surely don't know, pipe in and let us know.............Driller

8. adamwest436

adamwest436 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes
    I was like a new thread but wait... I somehow posted in it already. :confused: I haven moderated in years I forgot about merge threads option.

9. Driller

Reputations:
    just got the T7200 in and put it in the cf-51RC4KFBM, booted up registered in bios and seems to be working well. think this confirms toughasnails experience with his cf-51. wished the T7500 would have worked but I ain't heard the fat lady singing yet.. so I'll scratch my head and see where to go from here.............Driller

10. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I really don't think the T7500 will work on the Core Duo 1.6 Mhz BUT am still hoping and yes I will still try . I checked Intel web site again and this is what I got
    Core Duo 1.6 ......945PM chip set.....T2300....mine
    Core Duo 2.0.......945GM chip set....T2500....driller/rusty

Core 2 Duo 2.0....945PM chip set.....T7200....works [​IMG]
    Core 2 Duo 2.2....965GME chip set...T7500....no boot,driller / will boot,rusty :confused:

As you can see three different chip sets so how Rusty got his to work, good question. I guess we will have to wait untill he gets his stuff back from overseas to see.

To be continued.....I hope [​IMG]

I have been running the T7200 Core 2 Duo 2.0 for about a week now with no problems. I was on it for about 4 hours one night and run great and did not over heat. I have 4GB memory,W7 and 160GB 7200Rpm HD installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.