CF-51 CPU upgrading

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by rusty503, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwest436

adamwest436 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I took apart the trashed MB and the number on it was CF 51Mk3 DFUP1493ZD that was the 1.66 core duo looked on the underside to see what the graphics chipset was, as I assume this is what it is just down from ZIF and MB mounted and soldered contacts, but letters way too small and will have to get greater magnification to read it, when I find out I'll try and see for sure if the other cf-51 core duo is same part number as the trashed one. will hopefully find out if there is a difference here, if I got a bad cpu or if T7500 just won't work on this MB with it's 800 FSB. do you know what the part number on your MB is that the T7200 worked on? thanks...Driller

3. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
  4. adamwest436

Reputations:
    So has this changed since the BST C2D thread posted?

5. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Only reason I am looking to buy a T7200 is I know it will boot my 51 , Do not want to chance a T7500 since Driller's would not boot.

6. adamwest436

Reputations:
    OK cool gonna add that to my own notes then. Good thing this forum is here or we would just be blindly ordering and reselling CPUs.

7. toughasnails

Reputations:
    You have a PM :)

8. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I got my Core 2 Duo T7200 cpu today and put it in my CF-51 MK3LL and it works great :yes: .It does run faster for sure.....sweet . It only took about 15 minutes to do this, very easy mod. Just snap off the speaker cover, take the keyboard and flip it over on top of the palm rest, take the screws out of the metal shield with speakers in it (9 screws) and turn it sideways and the 4 screws on the heat sink and pop the cpu out. That's it :D .
    I picked up my T7200 on fleabay for $50.00 which was a good price but if you are lucky they have had them for $35.00 but they go fast at that price.

9. Driller

Reputations:
    did you happen to see what the MB part number was? I picked up a cf-51 RC4 which has biometric fingerprint scanner on it , has the same bios version numbers as yours and the L12 instead of the L10 of the embedded controller. swapped the hard drive and caddy into the new one to update all the software and see what the temps were running. its a cf-51 MK3L, not the LL, but have been trying to get my hands on a T7200 to see if that would work but haven't picked one up yet.....Driller

10. Driller

Reputations:
    just took the cf-51 RC4 apart and tried the T7500 in it , no worky. don't know for sure if just isn't going to work or I just have a bad cpu. well, for now I'm looking for a T7200., or 2. I'll check with one of my buddies and see if they have a laptop that it might fit in to see if it is DOA. I ain't giving up just yet. Hoping the calvary comes in with the solution and see if there is anyway a T7500 will ever work in a cf-51, I feel like it could do the job somehow.......Driller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.