CF-51 CPU upgrading

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by rusty503, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes I got one with a bad keyboard too BUT in the end the keyboard was ok....it was the mother board :( and it was a Duo . So now I am waiting to pick up one with a smashed screen cheap :)

2. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    got a federal model cf-51 QG4DEBM no wifi and do believe it has no board to mount a wireless card to it. sounds like something federal, decisions made without the benefit of the constitution. it's all apart and now I'm looking to find a "slot, sled" part to put in to load the wifi card to. I like the sound of upgrading cpu to a core2duo. Will do my thing, thanks to TB and THE TOMCAT on info sent so I can do reconstructive surgery. who was it, NTTD, that called his frankenbook or was it GORK! anyways went to ZZ Tops and Tom Petty concert at walnut creek last nite, what did you say? I can't hear youuuuuuu!.....Driller if I ever get it off the table I'll call mine a FRAKKENBOOK, how bout that mnementh?

3. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I have a federal model too and all I had to do was pull the top off add the wifi card , there should be a spot on the motherboard for it. It even had the antennas.

4. Driller

Reputations:
    I can see a connector for it but doesn't look like anything that the intel 2915 abg card would fit to, searched and on ebay is an intel 1/2 size mini card that has the hook up that matches the connector on MB, but no hook retainer nor anything that would anchor it securely to MB, still searching diagrams and service manuals for clues,........Driller

5. Driller

Reputations:
    looking forward to more info on this cpu upgrade, welcome back, be safe.......Driller

6. toughasnails

Reputations:
    How's this picture :D

Also here is a link to the Intel site. Might give you an idea if or what we can upgrade to :confused: and not burn it up in the process :eek: . Makes me wonder if the heat sink can handle all that extra heat but I will soon find out, no room to put a bigger one in .

Attached Files:

7. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Link? What link???? :confused:

8. toughasnails

Reputations:
  9. howarth

howarth Newbie

Reputations:
    My Vaio was sitting on the floor of my Van when a US Forestry Vehicle pulled out in front of me and I struck him broadside at 60 mph. It survived with a broken Screen, dvd door doesn't work and the multi flash port. but otherwise fine. But after fixing the Vaio and opening the TB to change the ccfl, im sold. now i know why the cost so much new. I'm sure it would have survived unscathed

10. Driller

Reputations:
    looks like mine on the MB as well, got the 2.2 T7500 core 2 duo cpu and just finished getting that in, waiting on the wifi cards to arrive before I reassemble it all. the wifi card is 3945 intel I believe and sure hope it works , waiting on battery as well, will let you know..............Driller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.