CF-31 Poll... Without the Poll...

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Dec 17, 2017.

1. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Maybe he will need Wireless switch utility. Sometimes Win10 turns off WiFi without this utility running. But other than that...
    for example?

2. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Well... His Gobi for one... He has no need or use as he likes to use his hotspots as he has other things that connect. The next two are the "PCI Serial Port" and the "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Process Controller."

IIRC... Those wouldn't install on my last one. I'll have to check to make sure. I think it was tied to the power mgt feature where Wn10 won't recognize the drivers.

3. SugarD-x

SugarD-x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't have a CF-31, so I can't speak to that model specifically, but with my CF-30 MK3, I had no issues with Windows 10. Whatever it didn't install, I took care of after. The few things it did have issues with just took some googling to find the latest driver versions to replace it, (or in one case, an older one with legacy support because the newer one was for the wrong hardware version). Unfortunately, doing the same on my boss' CF-30 MK1 was a bit more difficult, as it didn't play nice the first time around, and a later Windows 10 build update broke it completely. I still to this day don't know why. He ended up going back to Windows 7.

It may be hit and miss depending on your luck, given my personal experience, (although I'm sure you know more about this than I do). Personally I hate to have things not working, but usually the average person doesn't care about most of the extra features that would be non-functional on these systems if you don't install the drivers.

Worst case, you could always ask him how he feels about it, and see how he wants to proceed.

4. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The CF-30's can be a rat's nest in regards to upgrading to an OS it wasn't designed for. Once you figure out the process it's not all that bad. My MK-2 wasn't all that hard going to W7 but my MK3 was a *****.

Rick can attest to the headaches we endured years back.

5. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I am surprised I still have hair!

But I do so I am growing back out to hippie length! I need to catch up to InterestingFellow! He's a hoot!

6. SugarD-x

SugarD-x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is so odd that these systems are hit and miss! I still find it strange that the 64-bit versions were nicer to me than the 32-bit ones. Last I checked, 32-bit carried more driver support due to its age and prevalence!