CF-31 Mk3 GPS Issue

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by btrains, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btrains

btrains Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I recently purchased an OEM GPS antenna and board for my Mk3 CF-31. I have installed the hardware appropriately, and have the BIOS set for Auto GPS port selection. My CF-31 is running Windows 10 Professional.

Using PC Navigator Free, I can select the GPS via Com 3, 4800 baud, but it shows zero satellites no matter how long I let it run. I have used the Panasonic GPS Viewer app, and on Com 3, 4800 baud, I receive a string of GPS data and it says connected, however, I have no visible satellites and no location fix.

I know that I've installed the GPS correctly, because I've also installed an OEM GPS in a CF-30 Mk1 running Windows 7 Enterprise, and have very fast fixes and exact locations on all programs. I also have successfully initialized GPS via a Sierra Wireless card in a Dell Latitude.

I have no idea why this CF-31 is having such issues with the GPS. Can I get some suggestions of what to look at? Could this be a bad flex cable between the GPS board and Motherboard connector?

Thanks for your help.

2. steve.steve

steve.steve Company Representative

Reputations:
    Something is not right with the antenna. Double check your antenna wiring. Make sure you have the antenna cover on and test outside too.

toughasnails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.