CF-31 JBGEA1M Win 10 install issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by r.wyll, Feb 15, 2021.

1. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Toughbook , wrong way :))

@r.wyll , disable wireless switch utility or it will conflict with win10 network control. But there's a trial and error method.

2. r.wyll

r.wyll Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    AT&T all access is showing my phone number for my sim, but still shows turned off. Screenshot 2021-02-16 201704.png Screenshot 2021-02-16 202014.png

3. r.wyll

r.wyll Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Earlier, it was showing 3G, now its showing HSPA. This is all so new to me. Used to the old mobilink and the AT&T ACM!

4. kode-niner

kode-niner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As said by others, it is possibly a problem by either (or a combination of) the actual switch that turns off wireless which is located in the optical drive bay next to the sdcard reader and the wireless switch software utility.

Your module will fall back to 3G when HSPA signal is too weak, which is normal behaviour.

5. unclemack

unclemack Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Weird - I came here to describe what I guess was a transient sim card-related issue on my CF-31 Mk2, but now I wonder if r.wyll's issue might be related.
    Previously one of you kind souls (BaRRmaley I think - I'm old and forgetful) saved my arse with the suggestion to remove all power, press-hold power button & then insert the sim card before powering up - otherwise the sim isn't recognised if I understood correctly.
    Very grateful.
    Today I pulled the sim to use it in my hotspot so I could update some other devices over wifi - got all that done, then replaced the sim in the 31 before powering it up again.
    I've done this lots of times before without issue but today the touchpad was dead on powering up - no cursor but the sim worked and so did the touchscreen & keyboard. Checked settings, found nothing.
    I'm a hardware not a software guy so first thought was maybe I'd disturbed the touchpad FFC or its socket when replacing the battery & I'd have to repair some broken FFC tracks, but after another power down/up it just started working again and I've no idea why.
    It's working again so I'm good to go but clueless - posting this just in case it's a clue for someone else.

6. r.wyll

r.wyll Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Got it figured out. Removed AT&T All Access, AT&T ACM, and wireless switch utility. Restarted. Airplane mode on and off. I was able to turn cellular on manually from settings. Looks like I have to turn airplane mode on and off every time I want to turn on cellular, but it's working.

7. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Install wireless switch utility, but remove it from windows startup list.

Toughbook likes this.
  8. steve.steve

steve.steve Company Representative

Reputations:
  9. r.wyll

r.wyll Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which is the correct GOBI 5K card to use for AT&T?

10. steve.steve

steve.steve Company Representative

Reputations:
    MC7355 Has to be a Panasonic brand. Not Dell or Lenovo.
    Works with any carrier, including ATT