CF-30 WWAN not recognized

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Dzik1000, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzik1000

Dzik1000 Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered kit sled (CF-WEW30008) and Gobi modem (T77Z039.02) from Hartland for my wireless ready CF-30. The sled came with no diagram and neither Harland nor Panasonic Support will provide me with it when I called. I assembled the sled myself then, installed Gobi modem in it and inserted it in my laptop. Now I'm trying to install CSA application but I get the error "There is not the Wireless WAN device supported by this software". Please help!

2. tango_tough

tango_tough Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If your 30 is mk1, or 2,you have to check you bios , some early version bios does not support GOBI 1000.

3. Dzik1000

Dzik1000 Newbie

Reputations:
    Not sure how to tell mk1 from mk2 but this is a brand new CF-30 I just got and it came with Bios V3.00L20. Parts told me I'm good to go with WWAN when I was ordering the kit and the modem. It's just that now Support won't help me with Gobi and won't provide diagrams and instuctions. What else should I be checking? BTW, I'm a new to Toughbooks and to this forum.

4. tango_tough

tango_tough Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OK , you have a CF-30 mk3, it support GOBI 1000, have you set the dip switch on the sled to gobi ?

5. Dzik1000

Dzik1000 Newbie

Reputations:
    I left it how it came in, 1 On, 2 On, 3 Off, 4 Off. The modem is not evan visable in Device Manager.

6. rusty503

rusty503 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What OS are you running? If it is Win 7, the Gobi 1000 is NOT supported. I have been fighting this battle for some time. I have been told by Panasonic that it should work under x86 but not x64. Well following their directions, I haven't been able to get it to work under either one. Under Win XP, it works great, just not under Win 7. I have two sleds and two cards here that I have been working with. Both work just fine under XP. I have not tried Vista (I HATE Vista!)

7. Dzik1000

Dzik1000 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm trying to run it on XP SP2. I don't know if have dip switches wrong or I wired the modem and the sled incorrectly and I'm gettign no support on this from Panas. Neither Hartland nor Panas support would provide me with a diagram and instructions. Can you share how you have you dip switches setup for gobi and how the wiring is done between the sled and the modem? Right now Windows does not see it at all, I don't even know if it's alive.

8. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Maybe this will help:

[​IMG]

9. Dzik1000

Dzik1000 Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't have this diagram on my sled board (CF-WEW30008) so i don't know if with mine the settings are the same. If it is it would appear to me that I have mine set to UNDP1. Is that what I need for Gobi modem (T77Z039.02) to use T-Mobile SIM? If I have it wrong should't the modem show up in the device manager anyway and just not function?

10. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Check this and see what you think: Qualcomm Mobile Broadband Drivers - Gobi1000.

Type: Driver - Network

Version: 3.00 (11 Sep 2009)

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional

File name: sp44916.exe (130 MB)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.