cf-30 wwan gobi 2000

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by ROAD HAMMMER, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROAD HAMMMER

ROAD HAMMMER Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok just to start out i have a cf-30 with some card that worked on att prepayed but not on postpayed. im not dealing with that agan any how i have a so called unlocked gobi 2000. i like to use it on the att network if i can get it working on postpayed with out a hich. the first time i poped it in the sled i got nothing no wann light or any thing. some one know why or what i did or not do bios up to date after that last try. next how to set the all the swiching for att and what is the best one for the cf-30 wwan? and for those that use a wwan who do you use and is it prepayed or postpayed i like to have something to go on when i get home to work with it.

2. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    please post a full model number of your cf 30.

3. ROAD HAMMMER

Reputations:
    it is a cf-30 mk1 and did not come with gps finger reader or wwan i installed it all my self the wwan. is the only thing not wokring well it was working on att prepayed. but not post payed but i rather have a gobi 2000 that is what is has in it and post payed

4. ROAD HAMMMER

Reputations:
    it is a CF-30CTQAZBM BIOS L20

5. ROAD HAMMMER

Reputations:
    up date i now have the gobi 2000 working wwan light is on and win xp sp3 device manager. is showing a SW gobi 2000 in other devices no drivers. i try to install the gobi pack from the panasonic web page but the installer keeps saying no gobi 2000 found. what do i do at this point?

6. Shawn

Reputations:
    I don't know much about the Gobi other than I think the 2000 came on the mk3 and later. The mk1 and mk2 came with Gobi1000.
    If I had to guess, I would say it's possible that your bios does not recognize the Gobi 2000.
    Quite a while back Rob had issues with the Gobi in his cf30. I know he finally got it working. Click on the link below for more help.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&pws=0&sclient=psy-ab&q=cf30+gobi++site:forum.notebookreview.com%2Fpanasonic&oq=cf30+gobi++site:forum.notebookreview.com%2Fpanasonic&gs_l=serp.12...75547.75547.1.77273.1.1.0.0.0.0.123.123.0j1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.2.2.serp.m0nEUnQt3Uc&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.aWc&biw=1920&bih=891&ech=1&psi=tLYLUaD9N8SNyAHL7YDwDg.1359722189056.3&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&ei=tLYLUaD9N8SNyAHL7YDwDg

7. ROAD HAMMMER

Reputations:
    thanks i found something i did not think of it at the time. i have a rev 0 sled at least i think it is rev 0 and trying to use a gobi 2000 that is rev a. i think that is a big no no but i rather have a rev a. i will go to att to day with my old config and see if i can get it to work on post payed. if not i may try to find a rev a sled and try it that way. thanks for that link i know i will use it some time in the future. this CF-30 is my drivers daily log and use for faxing paper work back and forth to dispatch and everything else. i call em crack heads go here go there oh i need you to go back over here but i was just there that is 100 miles a way now. hay it is your diesel im not paying for it. any how i love my cf-30 it NEVER FAILS no laptop can stand the environment this tougbook lives in for 2 years now and counting. i have a pic some ware of my old cf-29 with my truck steer tire parked on top of it in the soft clay for best load distribution.
    that is 500 lbs on top of a cf-29 and still works to day not the truck you see here the truck parked a top a cf-29 had 18 wheels

8. Shawn

Reputations:
    glad to help. Thanks for the story about work. It made me laugh. My work is the same disorganized mess.

9. ROAD HAMMMER

Reputations:
    right now i am puling my hair out with this one. i have a novatel wireless card. and it is set up with att post payed i can not get it to connect useing mobilink or any thing. it all keeps failing.i keep geting this error 619
    this happened during authentication. any one have a post payed wwan on a cf-30 how the hell did you get it to work????

i hate prepay it is a ripoff.

10. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't use AT&T, but this is how I use the Gobi2000 with Verizon:

Presuming that you have access to WIFI, start VZAM, and click on "Options" then "Preferences" then go to the section for WIFI. Make sure that you add your WIFI network to the list. Then close that box. Use VZAM to connect to your WIFI, then go to "Tools", and "Get Access". That should pull up the Verizon page that lets you sign up for either monthly or prepaid service in varying amounts. Sign over your first-born, and you are done.

I would think that the AT&T process is similar. (Maybe not, I don't know.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.