1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

CF-30 touchscreen issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Michael X, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Michael X

Michael X Newbie

Hey all, I work for a mid-sized police department where we have roughly 300 CF-30s deployed (40 or so F models, the rest K models). Seems like within the last 2-3 months, we've seen the same problem on about a dozen machines. At the Windows 7 login screen, the cursor will remain frozen slightly below the center of the screen and about 2 inches from the left side of the screen. It will move some when using the touchpad but jumps back when not being moved. In some cases the cursor will work normally after the user logs in to their desktop but in others the cursor remains frozen in the same location. I've found that loading the latest touchscreen driver will allow the cursor to work normally for those CF-30s where it remained frozen after logging in, but the touchscreen no longer works on any of the affected machines. All users reported that the touchscreen was working normally before the problem with the cursor. Hope someone can offer some insight and advice because I'm baffled as to what may be the cause. Thanks in advance.

2. Sadlmkr

Sadlmkr Freelance

These steps one at a time.

Set bios to defaults....and after saving check that touchscreen is set to [auto][tablet]...poor man's hardware test.

if no fix then "power pull re-set" https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=TEST site:forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic replace test with 'power pull re-set'
    if no fix then
    [windows key][type cali][select calibration][[click reset]

I did not mention a bad touch panel because these should all be second? generation touch panels....with few to no separation issues.

Let us know.

3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Either the touchscreens are going bad or you have stuff between the bezel and frame of the touchscreen or the touchpad itself.

I have bought Toughbooks from Police Departments.... I amazed at some of the stuff I pull out. They use them as they should be used so I guess that is the way it should be... But I would get a plastic soda bottle and cut some pieces out about .2.5" X 3"... That is about the correct thickness to carefully fish around both bezels...