CF-29 touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pao423

pao423 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for your help and suggestion zippy man. so far, it's still working.

pao423

2. jim2700

jim2700 Newbie

Reputations:
    Have you got the new 29 yet and have you found out the problem. I have one on the way myself.

3. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes i have the new cf-29. read over this thread it will explain what happend.

-James

4. jim2700

jim2700 Newbie

Reputations:
    I had just read the first page. I am so excited after hearing what you got. I hope it is not a let down. I would love to transfer my Verizon WWAN to this unit. I have a PCMCIA card now but I do not want that sticking out of the 29 and would love the antenna being up where it is not inside the unit like it will be with the card. I just looked the tracking up and mine is due Wed. I bought mine 3 days after yours. Mine got held up for some reason.

5. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well hopefully you can get the touchscreen working like i did without having to buy any more parts. You will need to get a verizon sled for internal WWAN. I got really lucky that mine came with a verizon card installed in it. It was not supposed to come with it. I am not sure how many they have that have the WWAN card installed as per the model number they listed they are just wireless ready. Mine was different. Also the verizon card that i got is old (1xrtt) which is just too slow. You can get a evdo Rev.0 or Rev. A card of ebay and put that in the cf-29 and just change your esn number at verizion. I know a guy on ebay that has a verizon rev.0 card for sale if you are interested i will give you his email.

Rev.0 is 400-700kbps and Rev. A is like 500-1000kbps. I am not sure what rev card you have now but it may be a rev.0 anyway.

Hopefully yours is in as good of condition as mine. I swear when i opened the box i thought they sent me a brand new CF-29 as I do not think there is even one scratch on this thing. It looks brand new out of the box.

Good luck with your new TB. If you have any questions this is the place to be.

-James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.