CF-29 touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBtech29

TBtech29 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    no, evdo modems connect differently to the sleds and require a different set of pcbs on the sled, you can get the evdo sled kit from heartland.

2. canuckcam

canuckcam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, I have an EVDO sled with an SB555... haven't figured out which carrier it is yet. That being said... all the sled connectors look the same - has anyone tried (or KNOW) if I can swap this SB555 sled with a miniPCIe sled for a Rev. A card? This is for a CF-29 mk4.

3. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well i know that the antenna connector is different on the mini-pci cards than the sb555 modem and the pcb that holds the sb555 is obviously different as well.

Now I have a question what kind of modem is on the CDMA verizon sled that i have? Can i put a sb555 in there since it is the same antenna connector?

I know mini pci will take a lot more work since the pc boards are different but i would be happy just to change over from 1xRtt to EVDO rev.0

Whatever i do i have GPS on my sled so that has to stay on there.

-James

4. pao423

pao423 Newbie

Reputations:
    new to the forums area. not sure if this is the right place to be for posting a question, but here goes.

have a cf29 that I just purchased on ebay. computer was scrubbed and then appropriate drivers and software reloaded. was sold as "grade a".

only two issues arose. the hotkeys didn't work, and the touchscreen is funky/not working. turns out that the driver for the hotkey wasn't loaded. found it and loaded it-works like a charm.

thought that the same issue existed for the touchscreen too. the touchscreen worked kind of-maybe two or three times. was real cool. now, the feature doesn't work right.

when I touch the screen, the cursor shoots over to the extreme right side of the screen, off screen, and that's it. using the touchpad, I can bring it back and that function works fine. as soon as I touch the screen again, the cursor shoots off screen again.

tried downloading an updated driver, but not sure if it is taking. under the device manager, drivers list, nothing seems different with respect to driver information.

anyone out there able to give me some pointers?

5. TBtech29

TBtech29 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    that would be a defective touch screen,

6. pao423

pao423 Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you for the input. not to sound as though I am questioning your knowledge, but how do you know?

7. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Well on my CF-29 the cursor would stay at the bottom of the screen but it would know horizontal movement just vertical movement was not recognized for some reason. I found out that i had a bad connection or some goo on the touchscreen board. After i cleaned it off everything was working great.

Now since yours worked a few times then just stopped it might be a bad screen. We use itronix gobook's at work and i had one that did that same thing with the touchscreen and it ended up being a bad touchscreen.

Good luck in figuring it out.

-James

8. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The touchSreen driver is not listed separately, in the Devise Manager.
    It is listed under Mice and other pointing devices.
    It should say something like touchpad/touchscreen.
    In Control Panel, Click on Mouse.
    If the drivers are installed correctly ,you should see a TouchScreen tab
    Try the Calibration & Test

Alex

9. pao423

pao423 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have gone through the control panel, and done the calibration set. once or twice (maybe), it worked fine. now, when I do the calibration, the X points recognize my touch (i.e. the red X moves through it's nine points). when it is completed, and I hit enter, and error pops up saying "parameter error". in fact, it just happened when I did it just before typing this message. believe it or not, I just went back again to do the calibration in order to confirm the message, AND THE TOUCHSCREEN WORKS!!!!!!!! at least for now. I would imagine that it will stop again, so any input would be great-I am not confident that it will continue working. thanks!!!!! phil

10. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    That is the exact thing that happen to me. The red points would all move and it knew i was touching the screen but would give an error at the end because it knew that it had been calibrated wrong. I would pop open the lid and take out the touchscreen board clean it off then re-install it and see if that works for you. After i took mine out and cleane it off and re-installed it now the touchscreen works great and i have not had a single issue since.

It might be worth a shot before you buy a new touchscreen PCB or touchscreen.

-James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.