CF-29 touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up on the cables i really hope all goes well in the swap. I will be very careful but i have never done it before so i hope i dont screw it up.

So stock vs the ebay one which would you get toughbook? I mean are the non stock ones good enough? Do they scratch easy? Or slide around after time?

2. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    OK Update!!!! My new TB came in today and i have swapped over my HDD, DVD R/W drive, Batt, WLAN card and memory along with installing my new emmisive backlit keyboard.

Next for me to tackle was the touch screen cuz it was not working. Well after tearing the whole thing apart (**** it is alot of screws) and swapping out the ts for another i put it all back together and boot up. OMG it is still not working i was like holy crap this sucks.

So next i got the idea of swapping out the little PC board that the touch screen connects to from my other TB so i take is all apart again swap back the screen that was on there originally and then put in the pc board from the other TB i boot back up and wham it is working perfect.

So as i am writing this i am putting my old tb back together. Now when i looked at the little TS pcb it has some sort of goo on it so i wiped it off and then installed it into my old tb and then i just booted it up and the TS WORKS !!! what are the odds of that :)

Oh ya the model i bought from ebay was supposed to be a CF-29ETKCWKM but i was sent a CF-29ETKCSKM. I was originally a CF-29ETKCWKM but it has been upgraded with a verizon CDMA card and they put a new model number sticker over the original model number and added a esn sticker to it.

I honestly cannot believe this laptop was used. Literally there is not one scratch on it. I swear the company that used it must have only used it twice and then sold it. It honestly looks brand new out of the box.

I have not found a problem or a scratch yet. So far it is working great and looks great.

The only problem that I am having now is that the OEM gps is not giving me a correct reading on the WinFast Navigator. I know the GPS is com port 3 and it is on auto in the bios. When i load up winfast it starts reading data from com3 but never picks up any satellites. Any idea's on why that is?

-James

3. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    What is the baud rate set at? Sometimes mine will try to default to 19200, but it needs to be at 4800 for it to work. Check that and let us know.

Paul

4. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    OK well i installed my Bluetooth software and now i have lost com3 in the winfast selection. I keep messing with the BT software and i seem to be able to get com3 back but then after a restart i lose com3 again.

Is there anyway i can switch it to a diff port in the bios?

5. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Ok i got com3 back after deleting the bluetooth com3 in the device manager.

Now when i load up winfast i can select com3 and baud rate as 4800 and the deployment data starts running but it never picks up a satellite.

The numbers in data deployment seem to just repeat themselves constantly and that is all. The data light blinks but thats all.

6. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    James ,

I must be physic.

The pcb connections might have been loose or a cold solder connection that fixed itself when you removed it.
    The Bluetooth com port settings can be permanently changed in the Bluetooth manager on the taskbar .

Alex

7. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    I got the bluetooth com port taken care of but for some reason i cannot get the gps to work right. It streams data but never gets a satt signal and the data seems all wrong.

8. Zippy-Man

Reputations:

Ya it was a bad connection or it was the goop i wiped off of it. I think the goop was shorting it out cuz as soon as i removed it and cleaned it all was working again. Now i have both touch screens working and got a killer deal on this TB.

9. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Can you see the data sentences?
    Do they they start with 3 letters?
    Or are they garbled ?

Alex

10. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Well i messed with the com setting for like the last hour going between bluetooth the bios and device manager and all of the sudden it just started working. I dunno it is crazy sometimes. Thanks for the help though :)

Now i just have to get a rev.0 or rev.A sprint card to replace my CDMA verizon one i have in here now.

If anyone has an old sled with a rev.0 card let me know. I would only need the card and not the whole sled as mine already has a card i just need to swap it out.

Anybody know if that is possible? According to my model number i have a CDMA verizon wwan card that is 1xRtt i would imagine. Can i just use a different card on my existing sled since i have all the cabling etc.

-James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.