CF-29 touchscreen not working

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Zippy-Man, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How hard is it to change these screens? I would actually have to crack the lid open and change out everything.

You think I am in over my head.

-James

2. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    their not that hard to change if you take your time, use the proper tools (meaning go out and buy them if you don't have a good small screwdriver kit), and be sure to note witch screws go where as to not put them back in the wrong holes.... I've swapped tons of CF-29 screens and I've never had and issue doing so.

3. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Thanks. I hope it all goes well.

I picked up a emmisive backlit keyboard just now from a cf-28 it looks to be in pretty good shape. I stole it for $69.95 free shipping. I could not believe it when i saw it so i hit BIN in like 5 seconds. I have been watching for one and they always sell for around $200 which was just too much to spend on a keyboard.

Well the touch screen is on it's way and i hope the cf-29 is as well. I will look for my set of small screw drivers and if I cant find them well then it looks like it is time for a new set.

You know JB007Rules I never really read your name and thought about it but i did today and yes he does :)

So are you looking forward to Quantum of Solace with Daniel Craig?

I kinda like Daniel Craig as JB he seems more i dunno real. I love all the JB films :) cant wait for the new one.

-James

4. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    LOL, yea that's exactly what it is... I invented this screen name about 12 years ago when I was a huge James Bond fanatic (not that I'm not now, I just work 65 hours a week lol), but back then I had more time as a kid. Anyways it kinda just stuck and if you ever see JB007Rules on the internet floating around (theirs about 10 other areas where you will find me (especially on Howardforums.com)) or on Google, then that's me lol... the internet is a small world! :). I haven't deviated from this SN EVER lol.

BTW, I don't like Daniel Craig :/... he's.... just ... not... bond... :p. But I will obviously still see it the day it comes out, like I have since I first started watching in 1995 with Goldeneye

5. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Well Daniel Craig is ok i think he will be a good bond. It will just take time to get used to him.

I liked that he felt pain and was almost normal and not perfect. When he chased people they could almost get away and he struggled to keep up. I did not like it how he had nothing bond like tho.

I mean where were all the cool bond gadgets?

I loved all the Pierce Brosnan movies. When he was bond i loved it and was sad to see him go but it was time for a new bond i guess.

-James

6. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Oh ya what sierra WWAN card do you have? I noticed in the picture it showed MC????. I though it read MC5725 but i cant make out the numbers.

7. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    lemme check.....

8. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    CRAP, I can't check right now because I have the little switch on the front turned off and the laptop is at home (I'm remoted into it through my VPN :p)... I'll get back to you on that.

9. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Ok got my touchscreen in the mail today. Looks to be in pretty good shape maybe only 1 or 2 small scratches. Cant complain for $50 it was a steal for a working touchscreen. Now it has a screen protector on it but it is kinda scratched up.

I was thinking about getting a new one from ebay and read that toughbook recommended ScreenPatronous on ebay.

Are the ones on ebay as good as the original one? I would like to get an original but they are like $80 bucks.

-James

10. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    The stock protectors are a little thicker but screen patronous sells the reuseable/washable sticky-backed cling type.

Make SURE that you are careful when pulling out the old screen and installing the new one. Those thin ribbon cables don't take much to tear! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.