CF-29 Touch Screen woos

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by dontliketoughbook, Sep 14, 2019.

1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    UNCNDL1 likes this.
  2. dontliketoughbook

dontliketoughbook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks to the Ebay Global Shipping I dont pay anything extra to ship out of country and these are an ideal electronic to ship. There are some sales mixed in with lower ones Domestic as well, this guy out of Texas sold 13 for $299 each and they didn't have dvd drives. Prices tend to fluctuate, I agree its an absurd amount but it seems to happen. Granted he was possibly shipping international as well.

Attached Files:

3. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes over the last 2+ years, I checked his feedback. When someone see's 13 sold it doesn't mean recent it means when he started the auction which could be 2-3 years ago. I know because I sold on eBay for 15+ years, since 1998. When you have a store the auction never ends untill you end it. On my 29/30 port cover auctions it showed sold over 100 but it took me almost 3years to get that far. The big question for you is do you want a quick sale or do you want to sit on them like that seller is.

The first picture you posted was for overseas.

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  4. dontliketoughbook

dontliketoughbook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sigh. I dont have working touchscreens, didn't order chargers and never said I'd personally get $300 out of one just that they go in upwards of it the price. I already said I have nothing invested in these and my partner as little to none, only said I'd like to get as much as possible which is why I'm testing these to begin with. Just formatting and selling untested would bring very little, Like this I make a little more (with more potential had they been working) and dont have to deal with "hey the touch screen dont work even though its untested". I'll be more than happy to get a few hundred for all 7 combined, they will go on eBay and every few days they dont sell I will knock 5-10$ of the price. I've got a lot of other stuff I'd like to mess with it, these aren't worth squat with dead screens lol

In the end one had a good screen and six with dead screens along with a total of 5 good batteries and two bad. Only had one dvd drive between them all though.

5. FX-Tech

FX-Tech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, that's the official story, but not entirely accurate. :D I have a MK5 sitting here that is a CF-29N3 - non touch model. It has 256 MB on the motherboard, and it will absolutely take a 2GB DDR2 SODIMM PC2-6400 module. Total RAM on this CF-29 is 2048 MB - it ignores anything over 2 GB. Attached is a picture of BIOS from my MK5 CF-29. It seems that only MK4 & MK5 models with 256 MB on the motherboard will work. MK1-MK3 used DDR SODIMMS and 1 GB was the max.

20191001_204731.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. FX-Tech

FX-Tech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    $300??? That's insane! I just bought a CF-31J MK2 for $232 in great condition. The only thing it lacked was the charger and OS on the drive. Even came with a 500 GB HD and 4GB DDR3 RAM. I would expect to pay no more than $75 for a CF-29 in great shape (I paid $55 for my MK5 and $40 for my MK2), unless it came with uber accessories like a dozen drive caddys, Lind auto power supply, or something crazy. There are folks on ebay trying to sell them for more $, but they are not selling, at least not in the USA.

Oh, and just last week I bought a mint condition CF-52 MK2 with power supply and Crucial 128 GB SSD - plus it has the wide XGA Screen - For the totally amazing price of - $125... You don't have to pay an arm and a leg for a toughbook, especially the older ones...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  7. Springfield

Springfield Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My (brain's) memory was faulty, now recall exactly what you said, the 256 soldered to the board was ignored when a 2GB stick was in the slot.