CF-28 Touch Screen Drivers/Installation

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Seadiel, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seadiel

Seadiel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I recently got a CF-28 Touch Screen and I am having problems getting it to work. I have found some posts by Toughbook and got some drivers he has posted but can’t get them to install. I unzip the files into a folder and right click the .inf file and selecting install, nothing happens. I have tried updating the unknown device in device manager selecting the unzip folder of the drivers, with no luck.

The touch screen is enabled in BIOS.

Using Windows XP Pro
    Model: CF-28PBJG2QM

2. Bigfoot_of_Nevada

Bigfoot_of_Nevada Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update your mouse driver. That is also the touchscreen. The unknown device in device manager may be your hot keys. Toughbook knows more than I do about this though.

3. Seadiel

Seadiel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea, I figured it out. I needed to update the mouse driver and not that unkown device. (DUH)

Thanks!!

4. DJACID

DJACID Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    YEP thats it,
    update mouse drive with ur touchscreen driver,
    the unknown device is ur hotkey driver so update with that....

5. karpit90

karpit90 Newbie

Reputations:
    can anyone link me that driver. im having diffuclty understanding what needs to be updated

6. tb4me

tb4me Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Look at the link in Modly's signature. Read through the documents there and determine what file you need. Although the driver is for the touchscreen, you need to use the touchscreen driver that you download to update the 'Mouse" driver in the control panel. You can find a decent walkthrough if you do a search for touchscreen driver.

7. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    What you do is right click on the My Computer icon and choose properties... then Hardware... then Device Manager.... Double click on the mouse and then Update Driver. Tell it you know where to find the driver and then point it to the driver you got from Modly... Then it will install. It will ask to reboot... Let it. Then you will need to double click on the little icon in the system tray (Lower right corner of the desktop) You can then choose Touchscreen and then Calibrate Touchscreen. You will then need to use a stylus or fingernail to push in on the center of the red X's that appear on the screen. When the red X goes back to the first position it started at... Click on Enter and you are finished and your touchscreen is calibrated!

8. jmoney11

jmoney11 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys can you please direct me to or give me the link where i can get the driver for the video card,

thank you,

9. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Spend some time and read the FAQ for the cf-28 ( it's a sticky on the forum front page)
    If after you need assistance , post your full model # and o/s and I will post a direct link for the video card driver

Alex

10. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.