CF-28 This old man needs help

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by duke1946, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Duke
    Not sure what you mean by tapping mouse?
    Are you asking about when you tap on the touchpad ,that it acts like left click?

Alex

2. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Have you tried turning it off?

3. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if he's still using the default driver ("Microsoft PS/2 port mouse" I think is what it says) rather than the fujitsu touchpad driver. There's no way to remove tap-to-click with the default driver selected.

and I agree, tap-to-click is about the worst "feature" ever. It's a shame that when you turn it off, you also turn off the ability to click from tapping the touchscreen. Makes the touchscreen little more than a curiosity, but the alternative is worse.

4. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Now By GOLLY you hit the nail on the HEAD. Most of the time if I get the correct driver for the mouse on the computer I am using I can get rid of that "DDDDD" tapping mouse and I can't get any update to do so because this dag computer want let me! And yes it the "D" MS mouse and can't do crap. Please give me the link/driver or whatever to the Fujitsu one.

Any many thinks for understanding what the heck I needed and was bugging the *** out of me :eek:

Remember that this CF-28 did not come with the touch screen. So I have been told and that's why I can't get any driver to download?

5. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try this:
    http://www.panasonic.ca/PDP/Drivers/d-2002-158_touchpad.exe

You have to force-feed this driver to the computer, windows thinks its smarter than you and insists on using the generic driver. but once you get it in there, it works well.

no problem if you don't have a touchscreen, i'm pretty sure the same driver will work, but the touchscreen functionality will be disabled

6. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    The driver is the same for touchscreen and not in my experience. It knows what you need.

You need to download the driver and then go into Device Manager (Right click on My Computer and click on Properties.) Tell it to update the mouse driver and point it to the unzipped driver you downloaded... It should update. Then you will have Panasonic's version instead of Windope's...

7. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    As soon as my son get back on line today maybe he can help me with the force-feed because I know what you are talking about but don't know how and I am sure he does with all the programs he has designed and what he has told me he has had to do to make things work the way he wanted. He is doing I think a heck of a job on my web site and its getting ready for a major change in a few days and it will make it easier for me to do what I need in it.

One more question I have and that's the resolution on the monitor. When I bought it I saw something like maybe 1200x868 are something like that? It is a 13" screen.Now its the norm 1024x768. TomCat said if I use the restore disk that the monitor might be to bright because it is for sunlight but in my paint bay with all the lights on like normal I need more bright. But what resolution is the factory setting for out door use? Can I take the driver off the restore CD and install it? Is there a way maybe? Or do one of you know what driver I need so I can download it? When I look for drivers it might say this or that but not tell me what I really want to know is why I am asking. Or do you call it the video or graphics driver?

Thanks Guys for your help.

8. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you take the time and use the restore disks the driver is installed properly
    You can not take the info off of the restore disks, as its hidden in the files on those disks
    1024x768 is correct
    Do you have the brightness Fn + F2 turned to max
    You can adjust contrast a bit but its probably better to make a cover for the screen , we do that for marine use where sunlight is overpowering the backlight

Alex

9. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well that was fun but I did it and now if I can only remember how to do it again next time. NO MORE FRIGING TAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPING :) I ended up where you insert disk and pasted in the location of the driver and it did the trick and then went to mouse properties and had to answer some yes and No's and get rid of the MS one and restart and worked like a charm:) :)

Thanks

10. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have a cover that is made so people can't see real quick what you are doing unless they are straight on eye level with the screen? I will try that as soon as I fig out where the heck I put it 6 years ago:eek: Maybe it will work? But I will check the brightness also. But I am still wondering what was on it when the guy sent it to me and it was higher? The zip file he had on the desk top for video was the Intel 830M but it says in the note from him is just in case the operating system need to be reloaded for me to save it? I updated the graphics to the Intel 82830M . I have never had to worry about most of this stuff with what came with my Sony's because I could go into the driver and app cd's and just get what I wanted. Sure did make it nice and easy.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.