cf-28 internal port (cn18)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by stan.distortion, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I thought "Quakko"-branded tools were cheap imitation Hakko. A guy was selling that stuff on the video game newsgroup a while back.. I thought the overall opinion was the stuff wasn't the greatest, but not a bad value for the price.

I just inheirited my wife's uncles PACE soldering and desoldering stations, so I'm a happy camper

2. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The 50 hirose connector is in a library for eagle, I have no idea which though. For the mask the clearance between the pads is around 0.1mm. There is no way I will be able to engrave that fine and it would be difficult to find someone to etch it so I will miss out the connector next time and put down 50 0.5mm pitch traces at around 0.3mm. Still only 0.2mm wide cuts but it's 100% better than 0.1 :)
    cheers

3. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Something we could do, is add a spot for the EM-408's header connector on the board. Make it easy incase we wanted to sell bare boards, though it would limit it for the EM-408 only...

In relation to the FM transmitter thread, I'm noticing pins 1 & 3. Audio out and in...

Other than a USB connector, it's the only feasible and good sounding mod for the boards.

4. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    I'm really liking my Xytronics station. Heats up fast, retains heat well, and hasn't screwed anything up for me yet.

However, it looks like it was designed in 1982... The form leaves me wanting to build my own case for it.

5. stan.distortion

Reputations:
    Yep, mono out and mono microphone-level in. Not sure about the out level but can hook up to it no prob to check if needed. The mini-pci slots have stereo in-outs that are easy to get at too.

6. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Shame it's mono, But with a cheap FM transmitter, I'm not sure if it'll matter.

That's more of a question for my brother.. he actually went to college long enough to get something, and he went for audio work. :D

7. cadillac

cadillac Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Stan.
    Send me a sketch of what you are thinking for the board and I will make you some .DWG and .DXF files to try. These type files will run through most G-code filters.
    The software I use most for what you are doing is MasterCam and this will work directly with your mill. Again if you lived closer I would let you try before you buy.
    Good luck and let me know if you need help.

8. stan.distortion

Reputations:
    Hiya Caddy. Have a plugin for eagle that outputs g-code, works well but I think it may be missing lines sometimes at fine pitch so may take you up on that later.
    cheers

9. gravitar

gravitar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    mastercam is awesome. are you using 9 or X?

10. stan.distortion

Reputations:
    Not ready to send messages to this miller yet, working on the motor driver at the mo but the smoke keeps getting out of the power transistors... might try sticking to the manufacturers specs or even (shudder..) read the manual.
    Will have a look at mastercam when that's up and running though. Had a poke at a mix and match of various apps and happy they will do what I want but something good would be worth spending time getting it to work 100% with wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.