CF-28 Internal PCM CIA Slot???

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigfoot_of_Nevada

Bigfoot_of_Nevada Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No it doesn't get in the way. :)

2. Action

Action Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what antenna you using there? As I'm still looking for one for my mod.

3. Bigfoot_of_Nevada

Bigfoot_of_Nevada Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am using the one that came with my D-Link router.

4. Mega-Man

Mega-Man Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Guys - Waiting on my mini pci card to get here. Looking at antenna options also. Like the d-link on the side like TB's and BF's but would really like to put it on the top on the monitor - does anyone know if a old school cell phone antenna will work? would only stick out about an inch and then pulls out (kinda like the factory toughbook cdma antenna I believe) Just a thought. I have no antenna at all just a rubber plug so plenty of room for routing wires into the monitor. Was surprised how easy it was to disassemble the monitor. I had a CFM-34 that had a slim like rubber duck antenna on that mounted on the upper left corner of the monitor - was flush with no bump out like the D-link. Is this a factory only kinda part? thanks and appreciate any thoughts.

5. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Mega... I'd scratch the cell phone idea and go with a stubby wifi. That is what I am doing now. You need to find a 24" U.fl to SMA pigtail and then run it from the stock location. You need to take the laptop all apart to do this... Which creates the opportunity to create a 9 pound brick. If you are fairly adept at doing this it is a fairly easy, but time consuming job.

Right now I am building mine with a 5 inch pigtail going out the side and another 24 inch pigtail going on top... Here's a shot...

[​IMG]

6. Mega-Man

Mega-Man Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not afraid to tear apart - just pieces. Thanks for the info, thought the cell phone ant would be to easy - going to go with a stubby. How much actual reception or range loss is their when you compare the stubby to the longer ant's. Also do I even need to bother with an internal ant?

Hey I have a another of topic question - on the CF-28 just above the keyboard between the first and second screw to the left is a small hole with a sensor underneath. What is it?

7. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Mega... The stubby wifi will bring in 10X the signal of the RIM antenna since it is made for wifi. I've wired a RIM antenna and even put a cell antenna in its place and there was no difference... It does work... Just not that well.

I think the sensor is an elec. eye for the keyboard... But I'm not sure. I've had CF-28s that have it and some don't. Does anyone else know for sure?

8. DJACID

DJACID Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i be starting my one very soon..........
    waiting for the stubby antenna to arrive........

9. inbredmonkey

inbredmonkey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    where did u find the 24" U.fl to SMA pigtail? the longest i can find is the 19". mini pci wifi is on the way though...still have not received touchscreen, getting a little choked.

10. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    the small hole is for the built in microphone sensor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.