CF-19's to FZ-G1

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Liteace, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    I have had luck by installing the driver package for the new machine while the drive is still in the old machine.
    Then transfer the drive.

2. Liteace

Liteace Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Both 19's are running w7, I'm sure ones a mk4, the main one and the other is a Mk6, I'll check later

3. kschewe

kschewe Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    take a look at the cf-20. i might get one in the future

4. Liteace

Reputations:
    CF-20 would be fantastic but well out of my price range

Thanks

5. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    If you are going to leave it docked in the car a CF-31 has hdmi out.

Also I am wanting to think I have seen a 19 dock before (pictures only) that had a hdmi out.

6. towelie

towelie Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    From time to time there are great deals on Ebay for CF-20's. I posses both a FZ-G1 Mk1 and a CF-20 mk1 and i have to say that the CF-20 is clearly superior in every way. I installed a DELL Qualcomm 7455 that i flashed to generic and i swapped the m.2 Sata drive for a 512gb ATP one. The keyboard solution for the FZ-G1 is a joke and i have the Ikey keyboard with usb. The CF-20 is both an excellent tablet and a great notebook. The only minus i have so far would be the port cover on the screen is very thin and tends to break when you tighten the screw too hard, it kind of holds itself together when it's in closed so i did not bother to replace it for now(it would likely be cheap anyways). Also as i tried to disassemble both completely, replacing the screen on the CF-20 seem to be a bigger challenge than FZ-G1 so you might want to avoid breaking it.

7. Liteace

Reputations:
    Thats also what I was thinking about the FZ-G1, the lack of keyboard, I hardly ever use either 19 in tablet mode so why bother,, does the 20 use the same ssd as the FZ?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  8. towelie

towelie Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The FZ-G1 Mk1 uses a msata SSD and as far as i know some newer revision use a m.2 Sata ssd(not sure of lenght). The CF-20 uses a full lenght m.2 sata SSD.

9. Liteace

Reputations:
    I hope I was in the right place at the right time, I have managed to bag a low hour CF-20A5108TE and a gamber johnson dock, same as this:

https://www.gamberjohnson.com/products/panasonic-toughbook-20-docking-station-no-rf

all for under a grand, , just looking around for the best deal on another battery and a 2tb Samsung M.2 ssd

Its all on its way to me,, Im sure once its here there be loads of questions for you guys

Thanks

10. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: