CF-19 Windows 7 install

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by h3lpmedic, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclemack

unclemack Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @ Amylee

You know that choosing the wrong version of English when installing Windows affects the keyboard?
    "@" sign in UK is 2 keys to the right of "L"
    US version it's above "2"

2. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've been reading all I can regarding CF-19 Win 7 Install and it looks like you got everything working properly between Feb & Sept of this year (that's great). My MK2 CF-19 came with both Panasonic Recovery discs (one each XP & Vista). From all I've read so far, If I were to re-install factory image using my Panasonic Vista disc, and then upgrading to Windows 7 that this would be the best way to go. What do you think?
    Regards,
    Cleve

3. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Well they say you should do a full install but I have done it both ways with no problem (CF-19MK2)...now if only the MK1 was that way (I gave up on it)

4. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This post in in regards to a CF-19 MK 2 upgrade of Vista to Win 7
    From what I can glean...if you "upgrade" you must use Win7Pro or Ultimate. If you try to use an upgrade other than those two it will tell you you can not upgrade, but it will allow you to do a "custom" install instead.
    My question regarding when you did the upgrade path...Did you follow the instructions for the MK 3 from Panasonic here: Windows® 7 Support and Upgrade Information | TOUGHBOOK | TOUGHPAD | Panasonic Global Notebook PC and un-install certain drivers...then do the upgrade installation....and then re-install certain drivers in a certain order? I'm interested from anyone who has done the "upgrade" installation of Win7 method described in link.
    regards,
    Cleve

5. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    When I installed W7 on my 19MK2 I did a full install because I was also installing a new SSD in it. I started with the Intel chipset drivers then the video and sound . After that I just started installing them in any order...1 or 2 of them would not install because it was not compatable with W7 ...can not remember which one's they were since it was almost a year ago

6. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm following the detailed instructions for Windows 7 Upgrade step-by step guide found here:
    Windows® 7 Support and Upgrade Information | TOUGHBOOK | TOUGHPAD | Panasonic Global Notebook PC
    I've completed steps 1-3 and begun step 4 pgs 6-10
    1. Page 7 says to update firmware for SD Host Controller, found in C:\util2\rRifirmup32] folder.
    I can NOT find this folder. When I open C:I have only PerfLogs, Program Files, UsbMac, Users, Util, Windows, & bootsect.bak.
    There is NO Util2 folder.
    Thus I can not finish following directions.
    2. Uninstall Intel Dynamic Power Management- This program does not seem to be installed therefore I can not remove it. I'm assuming that I then just move along to the next step that applies. I do not have Protector suite (fingerprint) so I've moved on to to TPM Professional Package- I can not find this anywhere to Decrypt EFS, so I'm moving on to steps 6 & 7 (removing bluetooth, wireless switch utility, panasonic hand writing, tablet button manager, panasonic notification, and Panasonic common Components.
    My question(s) surround the Firmware update for SD Host Controller and Dynamic Power Performance Management (see above)
    Since I can not find these, can I assume my MK 2 does not have them and then just move on?
    Regards,
    Cleve

7. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay everyone, no one has answered my questions regarding "upgrade" NOT full install.
    I just got an upgrade Win7Pro in the snail mail and started tthe process. The install found that I needed to "un-install" Extended Thermal Model. Everything else had been followed in the Panasonic Instructions. I just went into control panel and found that yes, indeed there was an extended thermal model...I uninstalled and re-booted...I am now "UPGRADING" VISTA TO WIN 7 PRO following Panasonic directions found in this thread. If all goes well we can celebrate. If not, I will start a new thread and keep on trying. I do NOT want to do a full install. More to follow...The upgrade just gave me this notice: "your upgrade may take several hours"
    :hi2:

8. jonlowe

jonlowe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just did this yesterday. You did the right thing by uninstalling the extended thermal model. When the update is done, the devices control panel will show a component without a driver. Go to the Pano site for the Cf-19 mk 3 and download the Win 7 driver for dynamic power management and install it. That takes care of the missing driver problem. I also installed the win7 drivers for wlan and a couple of others after checking version numbers. Seems to all work fine.
    Jon

9. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. 96lt1ss

96lt1ss Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if you can get W7 Pro-64 to stop trying to control the screen brightness with power settings and allow full control from the dimmer on the front panel?

CF19 MK3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.