CF-19 Windows 7 install

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by h3lpmedic, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MD2Colo

MD2Colo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cool, thanks for the tips guys

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    So I just read the last 61 posts and if I understand right no one can say they got the front buttons working ?? or did I miss something.

3. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    Front buttons do work; at least on my CF-19 mk1. The only thing I never resolved was the auto-rotate function when you swivel the lid. Everything else works perfectly. I can manually rotate the screen under properties, or by using the front button, so it never really bothered my that much that the auto-rotate did not work.

4. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Well I would love to know your trick Paul. I can't even get the "Display Rotation Tool" to work...it wants to but no go. :confused: I can go into Properties and rotate it but would like to figure out the front buttons.

5. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Front buttons work on my Mk2. Auto screen rotation works. It's been a long time since I got everything working and I don't remember exactly how I did it. It took me 5 or 6 times installing Win 7 before I got it right. I used the Mk3 install order.

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow...ation_Instructions_19K_L_Win7_H-2009-0251.pdf

I used all the Mk2 Vista drivers that would work with Win 7. IIRC, I used the Mk3 Win 7 bluetooth driver and the Mk3 Win 7 Dynamic Power Performance Management instead of the Mk2 Extended Thermal Model Driver. On all the Vista drivers I used compatibility mode as Vista and run as administrator.

If you like, I can send you a text file of the driver versions from the PC Information Viewer.

6. toughasnails

Reputations:
    That would be great. I have a SSD coming in next week for my MK2 and will be installing W7 on it. Right now if I could only figure out how to get it right on a MK1. The thing is I don't plan on keeping it on it...I am just trying to help out a few fellow members here http://forum.notebookreview.com/pan...9-mk1-touch-screen-pen-needs-calibrating.html and write up a " How To install W7 on a CF-19MK1 Guide " for toughbooktalk and NBR. I installed Vista on it last night and still can't get the front buttons to work or the rotation program to run so I must be doing something wrong but I am not giving up ...yet.

7. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    IIRC the problem for me was getting the MISC driver to install correctly. After I figured that out, it was just a matter of installing the "meitbman" and the "hkeyapp" and "hkeyset" in the proper order. The thread we are in now explains the proper order. Hope that helps.

8. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I am going to give it another try this weekend

9. Amylee

Amylee Newbie

Reputations:
    :thumbsup:Hi I am in much the same place.when doing a fresh windows install what drivers do I use after installing windows 7 on my cf19 mark 2 .my keyboard is not 100% and the @ key will not work.soft keys not good and touch screen is off.also the wirless sim card is not working is it 3 g?.

10. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Welcome to the Toughbook Forum
    The problem with you keyboard sounds to me like its going bad on you. If you go here Panasonic Toughbook Computer Support Downloads you can download all the drivers for your 19MK2. On my 19MK2 I used the Vista drivers and never had a problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.