CF-19 Windows 7 install

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by h3lpmedic, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stumo

stumo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It installs it as a Microsoft USB HID device, touchscreen works, but there is no way to calibrate it and it is out by about an inch. Running the setup.exe in XP compatability mode gets me the driver and calibration utility that works fine (except for this rotation bug). If I install the only vista exe for the "touchscreen" I can find, I get a calibration util/driver for the USB digitiser model, and it doesn't work for the USB touchscreen I have.

yes I did that, it is a b*tch to get the screen rotation tablet button working, and onscreen keyboard button, but I got there in the end, or so I thought!

Thanks for the suggestions. The main problem it seems is that no other CF-19 models had USB touchscreen. It looks like they went back to PS2 combined fidmouse type like the CF-18 always had. Thats why CF-18s can just use the 19mk3+ win7 drivers from that main thread, but I cant becasue mines on USB in the 19mk1 touch. I can only find vista/win7 drivers for the digitizer and/or fidmouse type screens, and not for my USB touchscreen.

Were there any other toughbook models of that era (core1duo, i945 chipset) that have a Fujitsu USB touchscreen (and vista/win7 drivers)?

2. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. stumo

Reputations:
    Yes, it says "Installation not completed".

Does anyone know which software component/driver is responsible for controlling what the touchscreen does when the screen is rotated?

It seems to me that the touchscreen driver shouldn't have to know about rotation, it just passes the mouse x,y coordinates to the system. It must be something else that translates them into actual on-screen interactions, which is where the rotation is broken in this case. I think it might be the disprot thing that is broken. Because when I put the CF-19 into tablet mode by twisting the screen, the disprot skips portrait mode and goes straight to landscape 2 mode. But it works fine when in non-tablet mode. (the touch translations are still broken in landscape 2 mode btw.)

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think its a problem with win7 itself. My OSK and rotation tablet buttons only work once I have manually started and used the built in win7 OSK at least once after startup. So I think there must be some registry entry that needs changed because win7 itself is wrongly translating the touch inputs to be where they would have been on a non rotated screen.

Just to clarify. If I put the screen in 1st portrait mode (taskbar on the right edge if looking at PC in normal portrait mode). And I click on the windows start button. It interprets that as a click on the system clock/or show desktop, at the far end of the taskbar, and shows the cursor there too.

4. eno801

eno801 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah the display rotation is a tricky one at least for me it was hit or miss. I upgraded my installation from vista with display rotation working (installed by Vista Panasonic disc) and it worked fine. Did a reinstall to get all the steps right in case I needed to reinstall. Everything but display rotation worked. I tried everything for days til I finally nuked it and started from scratch again following all the same steps and bam it worked. I did nothing different but there you go. I know pnotify and disprot are very important .

5. stumo

Reputations:
    Ok I will give it one more go when time permits (that will be 3rd time lucky).
    I don't have a 19MK1 vista restore CD so I can't try that route, I think that would be easiest like you say.

6. IHOwner

IHOwner Newbie

Reputations:
    Close with the driver links, those are for the PS/2 connected ones. The correct one is the USB one.

Fujitsu USB Touchpanel Driver Windows 7 32bit NS01B-0559-0554 V1.0L02

Now, got everything more or less working on a CF19 Mk1 (CF-19CHB23BE) but I'm stuck on the display driver, followed the directions in the CF-18 thread and it (mostly) works, but any change to brightness causes the screen to flash and it's getting annoying. The only other drivers I have yet to install are the GPS Patch and the Globetrotter WWAN card ones. (Incidentally, installing the GPS internal module on this was a pain. Customer sourced one from a popular auction site and the result was a card which didn't give enough clearance for the WWAN / Bluetooth card to go back, so, removal of the bluetooth card support frame, slight filing of the GPS PCB and some doublesided foam pads later, it all works) The machine has also had a Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid 500Gb drive fitted. I just wish I could fix the display flashing.

7. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If your screen is flashing then it's the Hot-key Drivers, Fn F1 and Fn F2 are more than likely not working either. Follow the install order for all the drivers very accurately.

8. IHOwner

IHOwner Newbie

Reputations:
    actually you could be onto something there, the display didn't start it's momentary flashing until the hotkey drivers were installed. That said I brought up the install instructions on a second laptop and followed them precisely step by step, the tablet keys and the Fn keys are all working perfectly it's just the screen still flashes. Oh, and the scroll section of the touchpad does nothing.

Just wondering, could it be the bios version? Since the Cf-19 also has an Embedded Controller could it perhaps be related? That said I haven't found a bios upgrade this thing will take yet. Current bios version is V1.00L13 M14 with EC 1.00L11 M10 and every bios I have found supposedly for this model of Toughbook says 'Not for this model' when I try to install it.

Any clues? Hell, Since it's a completely clean notebook I'm even willing to set up TeamViewer for someone to log into it and take a look remotely.

9. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Links fixed in original post ;)

10. IHOwner

IHOwner Newbie

Reputations:
    No worries,

Now, if only I could fix the scroll on the touchpad issue and the Display issue I'd be a happy man and my customer would be happy in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.