CF-19 Windows 7 install

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by h3lpmedic, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You did go back into the BIOS and enable it again didn't you?
    Also, did you load the .inf driver 1st?

2. ScurvyDog

ScurvyDog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes it was bios enabled and working in XP before I flattened the laptop and upgraded. I did not load a .inf specifically. Here is the order I performed
    1. Base W7 install
    2. Tried mk3 panasonic wireless driver. Failed said incorrect hardware
    3. Upgraded to latest Intel wireless drivers for my specific card
    4. Ran setup for the mk3 wireless switch install. Wireless disabled and greyed out in the soft switch.
    5. Downgraded wireless driver to Vista mk2 wireless driver from Panasonic. Still greyed out in soft switch.
    6. Downgraded soft switch drivers to mk2 Vista. Still greyed out.

Cheers,
    -R

3. h3lpmedic

h3lpmedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And here is the Benchmarks for Windows 7 with intel X25-M SSD:
    [​IMG]

And here is the Benchmarks for Windows 7 OEM HDD:
    [​IMG]

Thats a 35% overall difference for the total PC Mark score between the SSD system vs OEM HDD system.

Looking at just the hard drive test alone, the SSD out performed the OEM HDD by 315.92%.

This post is for those who maybe wavering about Platter type HDD or SSD on their W7 toughbook system.
    With an SSD I would argue that you would notice the biggest gains in overall performance on your computer, and lets face it, toughbooks aren't known for their speed/performance.

*Note: Not all SSD perform well or better than Platter type HDD. You should use intel X25's as the gold standard and go from there when deciding.

4. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So you didn't install the .inf file? That is the most important driver from Panny to install. So I thought! I do know that they always say to load this driver/file 1st before anything else. Can someone else pipe in on what all the .inf file has in it please?

Yes SSD's are the cat's . I have an Intel X25-E 32G. I only wish it was bigger. I need to sale that freakin thing, I don't use it!

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  5. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    +1 for the .inf driver
    You will need that first

Alex

6. mick711

mick711 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello do you know with Atoo the performance of a SSD because my Crucial C300 64go have a problem or i think it's because i don't align SSD befort install Seven .

I have 7.1 in performance indice on controle panel and 140 max in read and 51 in write .

I don't test with PC Mark because i don't use Windows media player and would not install other software so i use Atoo and .. i not remember but poor performance .

I install the Inf drivers but nothing so i think it's necessary to install Seven new one after align SSD .

What do you think ?

Thanks

7. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    SSD alignment seems to be debatable on the Internet forums I have read... Some say it is only good for synthetic benchmark testing.... Others say it has real world advantages.... You can decide.

Chances are... If this is your first Toughbook... You may end up formatting and reformatting and reinstalling the OS MANY times until you get it perfect. The guide above will help you a great deal with where to download drivers and what sequence they should be installed.

8. stumo

stumo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry to drag this old thread up, but it did help me get the tablet buttons working on my CF-19CHBAXBM (thats a Mk1 touchscreen only model)

The only real problem I'm having now is that the screen rotation is not rotating the touchscreen input.

So for example, if I rotate one click to portrait using the front tablet button, then I click with the touchscreen on where the windows start button is now is (ie, the lower right edge of the normal landscape screen / ie. where the start button is being shown when in portrait), the cursor goes to the lower right edge of the displayed (portrait) screen (ie the top right edge of the normal landscape screen), rather than on the start button right under where I clicked.

So the screen rotation is rotating, but the touchscreen touch position is not being transformed to the rotated screen properly.

I think this might have something to do with the fact I had to use an XP driver to install the Fujitsu USB touchscreen on this model. I couldn't find a vista install, the only one I found was a digitiser driver (tscreen_1930_11_d070150.exe), which doesn't work at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

9. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What happens if you delete the XP Driver and allow Windows to find it?
    Did you install the Pnotify Driver? In the instructions from Panasonic it says something about having to install this only for the 19 models for the screen rotation.
    I would find out the latest 19 models with the same Hardware that your's has that pertain to the screen rotation and try those models Driver. I am not too familier with the 19 and the screen rotation so that's as much as I can help you with that one.

10. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.