CF-19 strange vci behaviour

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Liteace, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Liteace

Liteace Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks Shawn, Ive ordered this one, has ammeter as well

feea2a12-a204-4495-a234-52a86bcc2ed4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2017
    Shawn likes this.
  2. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    "the device is very old" may be the factor.

My total speculation has been that the devices are running at the limit that the USB can supply...wire size, corrosion, worn fittings: all can contribute.

Shawn likes this.
  3. Liteace

Reputations:
    I also carry around in the works van a small plastic kids laptop for backup, for when the yellow battery is out of juice.
    The old vci works perfect on the that, i used it last week for an hour to log some data.
    I've also checked the vci for dry joints and corrosion, all good, all clean, I'll try usb y cable and see if that helps

Thanks

4. Liteace

Reputations:
    Got the usb KEWEISE today, Not got usb y cable yet but been doing a couple of test:

The vci is drawing at peak for a split second 0.04 amps so no real problem there.

On Mk4 this vci has never worked, it recognises that the device is plugged into the USB port but when running the software I've always got the message "device not found" I checked usb output and I've got 5.06v

On the mk6 it's hit and miss, I thought it was the different batteries but it's not as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, it will find the device, when running the software, sometimes it won't I.D the vehicle, the output USB voltage on the mk6 is 4.99v

The cheap plastic Eee PC laptop it all works 100% every time, ive had it now on the bench all plugged in and put, rerun the software aprox 25 times and no problem, the output voltage on the kiddy laptop is 5.02v

Its just real strange how both CF-19's have a problem with this vci, all 3 machines are using the same software & cable + the CF's with both run all the other vci's and a USB oscilloscope

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Try disabling the power management for the usb ports

6. Liteace

Reputations:

Ive tried that, still the same problem?