CF-19 Questions

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Geraout, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Geraout

Geraout Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have just received my eBay CF-19 mk3 and have 4 questions I would appreciate some advice on please.

Model number is CF-19KHR88PE, with a custom BIOS V3.01L22A M41. It is an ex AA (AAA in USA) unit.

Q1. It has 4GB of RAM; 2 x 2GB. One stick is PC2-5300 DDR2 and the other is PC2-6400 DDR2. Will this mismatch cause any issues?

Q2. I understand that the mk3 has an SDHC SD card reader, but reads a 64GB and a 128GB SD card with no problem. I thought that SDHC only read up to 32GB and an SDXC reader was required for bigger capacity cards. Has Panasonic now updated the driver or something to read eXtended Capacity SD cards?.

Q3. I was going to try to overwrite the custom BIOS (not even sure it will let me) but on the Panasonic support site I can find no BIOS at all available for CF-19 mk3s (or mk2s or mk5s for that matter). Are the BIOS downloads for these mks hidden somewhere?

Q4. The unit has a Novotel 3G wireless broadband card. Is it possible to upgrade to a 4G card such as a Sierra MC7710?

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    No it will not. The PC2-6400 will only run as fast as the lower memory PC2-5300

Panasonic does not have a lot of updates for there laptops. You could try to find another MK3 and try using that bios but you might also end up bricking it too. If your MK3 is working ok then I would leave it be.

3. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    pm sent

4. KLonsdale

KLonsdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a MK3 it is an awesome little machine.