Cf-19 question (FAQ read)

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Josh380, May 22, 2020 at 12:37 AM.

1. Josh380

Josh380 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And now when I finally get down to the touchscreen driver a window pops up and says "This machine does NOT support"

Why? All other drivers appear to have all been installed (after going through one by one), there are no unknown devices in the device manager, system properties says there is a pen and single touch input available.

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM
  2. Shellback

Shellback Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did you right click the exe file and "run as administrator" to install the driver pack?
    Otherwise it runs and doesn't work so they say.

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  3. Josh380

Reputations:
    I did not. Everything else is installed so I suppose trying again won't hurt

4. Josh380

Reputations:
    Well I ran it and tried calibrating the touchscreen. It's not responding to touch at all.

I will say after running the driver pack again things took a lot longer and the CMD window showed up a few times, so it definitely worked...sort of.

5. Josh380

Reputations:
    I'm giving up. I guess I got a machine with a non-working touchscreen, which makes it completely useless. Another computer to lay around and collect dust.

6. Shellback

Shellback Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Your CF-19RDT5A1M is a dual touch. Do you happen to be using a digitizer pen?
    Did you go into the bios and hit F9 to reset everything to normal?
    Yours has a custom bios (Sears) but shirley they would not disable the touch.

BaRRmaley likes this.
  7. Josh380

Reputations:
    It did not come with a stylus or digitizer pen. There was an option to identify touch or pen before getting to the actual calibration screen. The seller even said in his ad that the touchscreen "wasn't guaranteed", which tells me I think they knew it didn't work. The BIOS is "Aptio setup utility American Megatrends, inc.". And there are NO touchscreen settings in the BIOS. Just external LCD and internal LCD. Those are the only settings in the bios that have to do with the display.

Maybe I'll just sell this one and buy one that's all set up and working. This is WAY to much of a headache to deal with. I've wasted an entire day messing with it.

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 8:23 PM
  8. Geraout

Geraout Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    EDIT replied without seeing page 2 !...

That's how it works... Once it is finished installing there are no messages.

You should have seen messages such as "extracting x of y" then "installing x of y".

If you look in programs you should see a number of panasonic apps that have been installed.

I don't know if it makes any difference but it is recommended to install the driver package as administrator (right click the exe and select install as administrator).

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 3:18 AM
  9. Josh380

Reputations:
    Thanks. Everything is installed correctly. The touch screen just doesn't work. All there is to it.

10. Geraout

Geraout Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It seems unusual that both the touch screen and the digitizer don't work.

Do you have a digitzer pen to try?