CF-19 Mk6&MK7 Touchscreen issue

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by gludwig81, Feb 7, 2017.

1. gludwig81

gludwig81 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will give this a try... I did want to update everyone... doing more and more research i was able to come across this forum - https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/43561-touch-screen-enable-disable-touch-finger.html

After testing, i am able to break and fix for the current user - when trying to break it for the machine - it only breaks the control alt delete screen.

So i think i am onto something, but cannot replicate the break/fix for the entire machine, only the current user.

Thanks

2. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try to set USB selective suspend setting to Disabled

Screenshot 2017-02-14 16.15.52.png

3. gludwig81

Reputations:
    They are both already disabled.

4. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    heh ...
    enable or disable the touch screen by touching a portion of the touch screen ... now there is some good design engineering ...
    kinda like a parachute that opens on impact .

at least you have a fix to get you by with until you can make a global fix .

5. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's a very interesting problem. I would like to touch it myself. Don't know how to do that :)

6. kode-niner

kode-niner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know this may seem a bit obvious, but did you try to put the registry fix under HKLM instead of HKCU?

7. gludwig81

Reputations:
    Yea.. weird thing is i can break the control alt delete screen under the machine but not the user.

I just wish i could find an exact - yes this turns it off and this turns it on for the whole machine instead of a each user.

8. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    http://joequery.me/guides/windows-8-toggle-touch-screen/
    After you get batch file you can go to Control panel - tablet settings (don't remember exactly) and point one of the tablet buttons (Enter, for example) to run that .bat file

9. gludwig81

Reputations:
    Hello!

Touching base... i have tried everything you guys suggested and we are still having issues. If i could just figure out what is turning off the touchscreen i could work with the admins to run a script to turn it back on during startup.

10. gludwig81

Reputations:
    Hello everyone!!! I am baaaaaack!

This issue is still happening... since our discussion we have been sending the bad unit to the Panasonic repair facility for replacement touchscreens. This seemed to be working, but now the ones we have gotten back that were replaced are showing the same issues as before!!!!

This rules out hardware, so back to the drawling board for something with policy.. windows updates... anything!! something is disabling this function and turning it off. As mentioned above, we do have Getac laptops as well and when they call in stating the touchscreen is off... we have them use the hot key FN+F8 to turn back on.

Any suggestions or help would be great... Panasonic is saying its not on their end, so again, we are forced to figure this out.

Thanks Everyone!