CF-19 MK6 Combat Air Command Build! ...and my troubles begin, lol!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by thewanderlustking, Mar 13, 2019.

1. thewanderlustking

thewanderlustking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, I did the OS reload again (I needed to use this drive in another MK6). This time it only took maybe three start attempts then it went through all easy peasy. I did get the familiar errors, but I started off with the USB ports set for 2.0.

2. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, that dot in the right corner of a 19 Mk6 or Mk7 is the ALS. The ALS should work instantly on Windows 8.1 and 10, or at least on mine it did. On Linux it doesn't seem to work however.

As for the drivers: https://na.panasonic.com/us/support/wireless-wan-drivers-multi-carrier-software

3. thewanderlustking

Reputations:
    How do I get the ALS to work in Windows 7??? And what tests would verify that it works?

I tried my redonciously bright Streamlight right into the sensor, and it changed nothing.

4. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    "Location sensors and other sensors" or something related to it IIRC

5. thewanderlustking

Reputations:
    Thank you User32! That was the spot. I had to switch from my normal control panel view to find it.

So I am getting a Brecal.exe MSVCR100.dll missing error. While it looks easy enough to fix, I am probably going to just wipe the drive, swap, and reinstall windows. I am putting the bigger drive into this anyways and don't loose anything other than a bunch of updates. Probably the quickest path. Takes less time than cloning the drive, resizing, then fixing the error.

I don't need this machine to be 100% immediately. My MK1 is behaving, and I will have two drives for it anyways.

6. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You'd need to install the C++ redistributables, there's a AIO pack somewhere on MajorGeeks but I can't find it right now.