CF-19 - Loss of sound from internal speakers

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by s4biturbo, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick711

mick711 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks Tomcat57 i find this post on this thread and now its my problem ( not for Linux but XP sound work ) i test this Tonight its fast to a full new install, i report back .

I can't solve my lost sound so my solution is to make new install of seven :cry: ... but on the jack sound work now after uninstall sound drivers . i try a new test

e.fastforward THANKS it work on my CF-19 Mk1

Uninstall all app you say reboot and update with sigmatel vista drivers, at this time no sound .
    Reboot my computer and after reboot i can see my speaker is in MUTE so i active sound and it work .

Thanks for your TIPS ! :notworthy:

EDIT : When i use FN/F4 fonction for enable disable speaker it's OK in the taskbar but sound don't work after enable speaker i don't know why, i shutdown my CF-19 with power buton because i'm afraid to lost my sound a second time .

2. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Also, if you don't have Hotkey appendix (it's normal for Win7 x64) - install it, unmute sound and uninstall it again :)

3. smart0187

smart0187 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just disconnect CMOS battery! and connect again! It's help 4 me!!!!!

4. Badger_Lady

Badger_Lady Newbie

Reputations:
    I am adding to this old thread because it's still the top result for this problem on Google!

My CF-19 mk3 had exactly the same problem - no sound from the internal speakers but perfect sound through the headphone jack. All drivers claimed to be up-to-date and functioning. To make matters even more confusing, occasionally the internal speakers DID work, despite there being no changes to settings etc.

I contacted Panasonic support and they advised me of the following:

In my case, I found that I did not have Hotkey Appendix Utility on my machine, and Hotkey Settings existed but was not installed. I downloaded the missing driver from the Panasonic support website, then followed the instructions above.

Immediately on completing the steps, even before rebooting the laptop, the sound was perfectly restored. It now appears to be working reliably.

onirakkiss likes this.
  5. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try Fn+F4 ;)
    It will break again :))

6. jdeerefan305

jdeerefan305 Newbie

Reputations:
    i cant seem how to change my sound settings from jack to speaker output any clue???

7. Andytech

Andytech Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank You Sooooooo Much for posting this :)
    My speaker just stopped working and this worked first time :D :D :D

onirakkiss and UNCNDL1 like this.
  8. captainwomble

captainwomble Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Old topic I know, but I have discovered a very simple workaround that you can do in less than a minute and doesn't even need admin or drivers :)
    I accidentally discovered it myself after messing around and looking for answers a fair bit.

The method is (without anything plugged into external jack of course):
    1) play something that has audio (eg - an mp3, youtube video, whatever) and confirm the computer thinks sound is playing
    2) while the sound is still "playing" (though you cannot hear it), put the PC to sleep via the regular methods of doing so (both shutdown menu/sleep and closing the lid when set to sleep appear to work fine).
    3) when you resume the pc it appears to initialise the built in speaker as expected and it will play sound :)

For reference:
    I have a cf-19 mk3 on windows 7 64 (and had a previous cf-19 mk3 - earlier mk 3 meant for distribution in a different country - for reference, current one is CF19-QJREX2M - US model with touchscreen, previous was CF19-KDRANCA - Australian market model with dualtouch screen)

Appears to need repeating occasionally, I never had the problem before I first used headphones on either mk 3 (I now have only the QJREX2M)
    I will try what badgerlady suggests about hotkey appendix utility though... see if it makes it never happen again :)

And some various rambling and thoughts on other toughbook topics:
    Lovely machines the toughbooks!

Though the rubber keyboards irk me hugely, luckily like a number of other parts, the keyboards swap between a surprising range of options.. I am currently running a cf-18 keyboard on this cf-19 mk3 actually, to spare myself the frustration of the rubber backlit one whilst trying to touchtype - this is handy info for you to know :)

I have also had a mk2 (CF-19FHNANAA) running win 7 64 for quite some time and run a few other cf-19mk2s and cf-19 mk1s on both windows xp and windows 7 (mk1s can be a right sod to set up win 7 on, and if you don't want pain avoid installing xp pro on a digitizer model mk3 ... at least if you want any working touchscreen/digitizer drivers.. darn stubborn thing... use xp tablet instead :)
    None of the mk1s or mk2s I have used has never suffered from this sound stopping error, but both the mk3s have.. and both resolved via this method :)

oh, and a really useful fellow has packaged toughbook drivers into "one click" packages to make things easier for us toughbook fans.
    He appears to install them in the correct order and have assembled packs for the non-standard windows OS options for various models also
    And he includes instructions on making your own
    just google:
    toughbook one click bundles Brian Gonzalez
    and you will find them, tops fellow by the look of it - and nothing to do with little old me, I'm an enthusiast not a pro :)

Captain Womble

9. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Welcome to the Panasonic Toughbook forum

It might be an old thread but it's always nice to find new tips. :thumbsup:

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  10. Springfield

Springfield Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is a great tip! That sound problem is often asked about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.