CF-19 - Loss of sound from internal speakers

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by s4biturbo, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smart0187

smart0187 Newbie

Reputations:
    Necessary to remove the back cover of visible battery backup! Circuit the battery terminals on the board for 2 seconds, connect the battery! INCLUDES and sound is heard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. unwiredmedic

unwiredmedic Guest

Reputations:
    I purchased my CF-19F from a local auction last year and when I wiped the XP install to make a clean install, then upgraded to Win7 Pro 32-bit, I lost the audio. Worked fine with XP Pro SP3 before I did a clean upgrade. Now, I have the same reported issue with no built-in audio, but headphone and mic ports are fine. No problems register in Control Panel, and the SoundMax setup is correct. I doubt there is a switch problem since it is directly tied to the upgrade to Win7 and I noticed the lack of built-in audio during the config process. XP drivers were initially installed right from the Panasonic provided driver disc, then I tried Vista Drivers, then I tried the Win 7 drivers from the mkIII.

Interestingly, the Win XP Pro it came with didn't match the OEM COA, which is for Vista Business.

3. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    All CF-19 Mk2's came with a Vista COA, even the XP downgrade models. They came with 2 restore discs, one for XP and one for Vista. The XP disc would be either Pro SP2 or Tablet depending on whether it was Touchscreen or Digitizer. The Vista disc is the same whether TS or Digitizer.

Glen
    AFAIK, YMMV

4. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Here is the trick to make the sounds work on win 7. Extract the sound driver(sound max) xp driver oe vista driver. Usually it goe to util. Then go to device manager under audio. Update driver not by using browse but on "have a disk" then go to where the folder store and hit I think wd or something, i forgot but its all there on file untill you hit inf..or something then follow and your set. reboot the pc. If still doesn't work go to util folder under sound and hit the exe. file.

Edit sorry! about the wording I am using the rubber keyboard, Lol

ohlip

5. unwiredmedic

unwiredmedic Guest

Reputations:
    @db04p71: Thx for the info on the COA. Too bad there were no restore disks for these at the auction. :-( Appreciate the info though.

@ohlip: I have tried this several times before, but went back through your suggestion and uninstalled the drivers, restarted, and through Win7, the driver tries to load automatically on restart with no way to stop it, then I went to Device Mgr and did a manual driver update, which it took (the files are in C:\util2\drivers\sound\). Then after successful install, I restarted. Still No Joy! :-S

Everything in Win7-land looks good, but no sound from the speaker still. As far as Win7 is concerned, it is working.

I'm still open to other suggestions.

On a happy note, I found the right way to get all 6 touch buttons on the front working due to the info on this forum :) Thanks!

6. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    You have to forced out the hda driver that came out from win 7 and install the soundmax driver. Or try first to uninstall the hda and then install the sound max audio driver that I instructed above by doing "have a disk" Thried every file until you hit the right one. I've forgot the file name since the unit I have was sold already. But it there 100% sure.

ohlip

7. mick711

mick711 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello thanks for all tips i just have this problem .

When i install Seven professionnal on my CF19 Mk1 sound driver is installed by seven and work .

But i dont know why sound stop working on speaker and after on jack .

I put my old hard drive with XP and sound work .

I try to test this driver and report if it solve my problem : Official Support Download Center of the Drivers, Manuals and FAQs | TOUGHBOOK | Panasonic

If anyone have this problem and solve it thanks for say how to ;)

8. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sound works perfect on the mk-1 using drivers suplied with W7
    What did you install before the loss of sound ? must be a driver or software fighting with the stock W7 driver that works as is

9. mick711

mick711 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Its possible but not sur .

The computer make sound like it find a new hardware when i start the CF19 x3 and after no sound . I put in the rear jack a "speaker" and it work but when i plug unplug 2 time no sound .

I put my HDD with Xp on it and sound work so its not a hardware problem .

I put my HDD with seven uninstall sound drivers and try t o install XP drivers but Seven install is drivers i test with Vista drivers exactly same wont install .

But when i plug now a speaker in the jack the sound work but not in the speaker of the CF19, but it work with XP .

I think the problem is when i install HASP Key Drivers for a software its the last i install before the sound problem . Its possible that i update the bios before install Seven, all work after but possible make bad issu with chipset ?

My only way is to make a new install of Seven because flash bios after is not good, some hardware dont work if the Vista bios is not flashing .

I test with Linux and USB stick but no sound with the Vista bios when oi have XP bios Linux sound work . Possible that say smart0187 a solution for clear all ? I test tonight i make a backup of my hard drive and put a fresh install .

Thanks Tomcat57 for reply just please can you MP a list of drivers and software you used for your install ? That make a big help for me, i read the post of put Seven on CF18 mk1.

Thanks again

10. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I had a list of the drivers used when I first loaded W7 in my mk-1 digitizer ,but that was long ago
    At the present time I have no panasonic drivers loaded , only the drivers W7 installed when originaly loaded
    The hotkeys are not even installed ,but I have control of screen brightness and the digitizer panel works perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.