CF-19 - Loss of sound from internal speakers

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by s4biturbo, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for trying teo. I understand that it is not a switch you can see :)

-James

2. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    Teo, your English skills are PLENTY good enough for us GEEKS to understand! WE appreciate all your contributions, no matter what language they come in. Besides, we no speak no good Engrish eether.

3. capt.dogfish

capt.dogfish The Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    TEO,
    I'm betting that you speak English better than 99% of the people here speak Spanish. As Doobi said, I have no trouble understanding your pearls of wisdom. Keep them coming.
    CAP

4. veerp1

veerp1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

we have 150 Panasonic Toughbook CF-19. Suddenly a few months ago we have the same problem in our environment.

The only way to solve this problem is to restore the original Windows XP from the Panasonic Restore DVD. When we put back our own image (build with sysprep) it is possible that the sound from the internal speaker is lost from the beginning. Some after a few weeks, most of them without a problem.

Does anyone have found a solution for this problem?

Gr Paul

5. bertolli

bertolli Newbie

Reputations:

Hi Todd,

There is no problem with your speaker.
    If you reset the bios to factory defaults and restore the sytem with the additional recoveru CD/DVD your sound will be working again, however when you install windows with the microsoft CD or DVD your speaker does not give sound, but when you use a headphone, the sound works properly.
    We are examaning this problem, but we do not heve a solution yet

6. e.fastforward

e.fastforward Newbie

Reputations:
    Try this, I have used it on cf-19s and cf-29s that played sound only from the headphone jack

control panel/add remove programs

uninstall hotkey appendix
    uninstall hotkey manager

if it says some files cannot be removed without rebooting, you usually can ignore them (if not do it all again without ignore)

reboot

sound should work at this point this last step is to make the hotkeys work again

then goto c:\utils (by default) or where your drivers are and launch setup.exe in hotkeymanager and hplsman folders

i think it has something to do with windows because the speaker works when i boot in linux...

cheers and good luck

7. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    This is a big bump.....about a year and a half. I realise this is for a CF-19 but it sounds like my problem

What is the fix here?

I checked the speaker by hot-wiring it from another 29. Works fine. Headphone jack works. Running Linux but I also ran XP-Pro for a while with no speaker on either of them.
    I guess what I am needing is someone to say "yeah jump in there". Or "whoa hoss, this is over your head".
    It will be interesting either way.

CF-29LAQetc.

Jeff

8. kljw

kljw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI
    just had a similar problem with mycf-30 mk3, in that once i had installed win7, the sound would not come pput the internal speaker.
    when i installed, i only used the drivers for win7 from tha panny web page. to resolve the problem, in have now installed drivers for hotkey apps and settings, that are used for installing win7 onto a cf-30 mk1. i got the drivers from tough talk forum.
    now, i am no exspert, and i may have my logic wrong about the different drivers, but the problem is solved, and the sound is loud!

9. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    Yeah, but like my Avatar I'm somewhat:laugh: bullheaded and don't believe it's drivers. It reads more to me like what Teo said in his post .....some type of switch issue.
    Thank you though. I've got the panny disks for a Mark IV and will reload those to confirm it before getting out the wrecking bars. And I was going to do a clean Linux Mint install too.

It's just a matter of time before I take the mother board out or whatever. It's the only part that I haven't looked under yet.

J

10. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    drivers (misc, hotkey and tablet buttons) from RS (mk4) CF-19 have resolved the problem
    thanks to everyone! :)
    now my Win7 x64 works super :)
    still want automatic screen rotation and SD instead of password

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.