CF-19 - Loss of sound from internal speakers

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by s4biturbo, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If its not the drivers then could it be something as simple as the hotkeys either F4 mute or F5 + F6 volume control?

Alex

2. s4biturbo

s4biturbo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Alex, well the hot keys are working fine, when using headphones they are doing all they should be. When you mute the system, it shows mute in the cpl applet so I know those are functioning.

and Zippy-man, Yes the modem drivers are installed, although TBPH I can't say I have even tested the functionality. It's been literally years since i have used one. :D

3. Zippy-Man

Zippy-Man Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well you might have a bad speaker then. It seems everything is working but the inside speaker. If no one else has any ideas maybe try re-installing windows.

Make another small partition and just load windows again to see if you can get it working.

If that does not do i then you know that the speaker is bad. I know that you have tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them but it might just be messed up somewhere.

I had my cf-19 that had digitizer problems, the digitizer pen would not calibrate in the corners of the screen sko i uninstalled all the drivers re loaded the drivers multiple times and even tried other drivers i figured it was something wrong with the screen. Then i reloaded windows on the machine to get a clean install loaded all the drivers and the problem dissappered. Not sure what was causing it but now it works perfect.

It might be worth a shot if you have some extra time.

-James

4. s4biturbo

s4biturbo Newbie

Reputations:
    Agreed, it may be the only way. I do have one little trick up my sleeve, I am building a PE disk with the drivers all loaded and will see if booting into that environment will give me sound. If it works then I will reload, if not, well time for some surgery.

Thanks again all!!

-Todd

5. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    The cf-19 speaker is located below the LCD not just like his brother cf-18 located at the buttom. You need to open up the lcd which is not hard as I can see. Theres no need to open up the buttom part of the unit unless that the trouble is loose connection on the Mbo. or beyond.

ohlip

6. onirakkiss

onirakkiss Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One hint from my side: the laptop-audio-socket for ur headphones has an switch inside to deactivate the internal speaker if an plug will be insert and vice versa. mostly there is a problem with the integrated switch (dust...disformed...)

7. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Do they use a switch on the toughbooks? I thought all of that was done by software lol. Maybe i am completely wrong about that i didnt know there was a switch.

-James

8. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:

No, What he mean is that on the speaker jack plug connection. As you observe when you hook up a headphone or outside speaker there is switch that the internal speaker will be off and when you pull the plug out the internal speaker will be on again. Its an internal switch not accesible outside.

teo

9. Zippy-Man

Reputations:
    Ya i understand but i thought the software controlled the switching. Like maybe it sensed power was being sent to the rear ports and then shut off the inside speaker. I did not know there was an internal switch that did this.

-James

10. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Let me explain: I think there are some confussion here. It is not a regular switch with a push or pull botton that you can see on a regular basis. Its a some kind of spring bar that is inside on the speaker/headphone jack (socket) that when you plug the headp..plug, it push the spring bar and it will allow to disconnect(openline /off) the circuit/conductor/wires line that goes to the internal speaker and thats what Onirak..... are reffering to. It is a universal standard for those device with headphone/speaker jack(socket) and have an internal speaker.

Offtopic: I am very sorry! I cannot expain it very well indeed as I am not really good in English thats why I failed my first class english 1 in High school.:D

ohlip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.